GAME THREAD: Nicholls at SFA

14,463 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TheRevSFA
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sitting here with a few long time fans and one of them (SFA Fans) captures it perfectly.

They (Nicholls) have a crappy stadium, half the athletic budget, the same or better talent and there beating us like dog$h!t. Makes you wonder.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
INiedrauer
Staff
HBU almost beat Nicholls a couple weeks ago while SFA blew the doors off Lamar. Today, Lamar beats HBU and SFA can't do a thing to slow down Nicholls.

What a weird sport this is.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

Ljacks&Longnecks
SFA announcers said that this is Nicholls best record in football since 1986 so I guess they were about due.
BigJack85
Very weird. I'm not saying we shouldn't ever lose to Nicholls but really. We look so average. I expect 6-5 next year. That would be success. Sad. Sad.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Hmmm, we take 2 unnecessary timeouts and then get a stupid personal foul penalty when down 21....that sums up this season pretty well.
TheRevSFA
Another losing season.....

BigJack85
I'll support the Lumberjacks regardless. I'm purple thru and thru. But I've decided to set my expectations much lower for Lumberjack football. Going forward I'll look for 5-6, 6-5 Maybe 7-4. It's really pointless to expect more. I know Isaac will jump to Conque's defense and frankly that's good Someone needs to be behind him. I realize a change won't be made but I'm also a realist and it may just be the way it is to expect one or two winning seasons every 6 or 7. It just is what it is. I'll get used to it.
MasterAxe
Nicholls has surpassed us in football.

#thingsineverwantedtosay

But it's ok, I've been told our team is "making progress" and "we're young" and "we had no expectations."

So, all is well.
TheRevSFA
I wish I could be mediocre and keep my job.....
BigJack85
Just plain depressing. I'm improving now. I took my post SFA football game Valium and will now settle into a Long post season nap. Wake up in late August with solid expectations of SFA going 5-6 Sure we'll get valuable wins against HBU UIW West Alabama maybe get lucky and beat ACU. Likely we get blasted again by Sammie..... let's make it 8 or 9 years in a row.
PurpleOut
Staff
SFAJack_76
Ugh. Simply ugh. Other than the occasional good season, I have been watching mediocrity for 45 years now. Still not used to it. Still don't like it. This was going to be the year to see us headed to one of those elusive good years. Instead, more of the same with a couple of those exciting "moral" victories.

This one was complete domination by the opponent at our home on senior day. Nicholls. Nicholls freaking State dominated us at home. Zero halftime adjustments by our coaching staff. I have never on any level of football seen run after run up the middle with zero contact.

But, we have a chance to keep Chief Caddo. That seems to be the ceiling for this program. Thank goodness that SFA prof was not successful in getting the trophy eliminated a few years ago. What would we have to play for if not for the Chief?

How about that volleyball team though!
BigJack85
Great volleyball team!!!
PurpleOut
Staff
Just looked at the box score. They averaged almost 7 yards per carry. We managed 261 total yards. Goodness.
SFAXE93
PurpleOut said:

Just looked at the box score. They averaged almost 7 yards per carry. We managed 261 total yards. Goodness.
again the volleyball team is great isn't it
TheRevSFA
If we lose the Chief....

does Conque even get let on the bus home? 5-6 is bad enough, going 4-7 (again) is unacceptable
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.