GAME THREAD: SFA at Central Arkansas

23,229 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PineLogger04
SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That would be a nightmare logistically. Every away game would be so expensive.
TallTexan
TheRevSFA said:

TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

I thought "parody"was an interesting way to look at it. Then I thought perhaps you meant "parity." Then I read it again and thought either could work.
Same. Parody or parity, either way FCS football is only important to FCS schools. Even then, I'd love to be a fly on the wall in Hill's office if SFA put together a comparable period of SFA's 2011-16 basketball results with Sam's 2011-2016 football results just to see which conferences call to kick the tires.

I actually heard a rumor from someone affiliated with a MVC school that the MVC contacted SFA for basketball.

Arch madness could have been fun
I'd have been more interested if they still had Wichita State. I'd aim for the Sunbelt personally. However, if you put together 5 great years in both programs like that, I wouldn't put Conference USA out of the realm of possibilities when the Big 12 expands and starts the dominos. However, if FBS is a moonshot, Conference USA is like landing a man on Mars.
cboothe09
I'd be good with MVC. It has the ability to be a multi-bid league, even without Wichita State.

If we are sticking close to home, I guess C-USA, but not really sold on them. Staying away from Sun Belt. I don't see a huge jump up in conference prestige there...
INiedrauer
Staff
cboothe09 said:

I'd be good with MVC. It has the ability to be a multi-bid league, even without Wichita State.

If we are sticking close to home, I guess C-USA, but not really sold on them. Staying away from Sun Belt. I don't see a huge jump up in conference prestige there...
Yeah, I'm not really about going to the Sun Belt for basketball. Still a 1 bid league but harder to win.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

PineLogger04
SFAJack_76 said:

I thought "parody"was an interesting way to look at it. Then I thought perhaps you meant "parity." Then I read it again and thought either could work.
Definitely mean parity... my bad.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.