GAME THREAD: SFA at Abilene Christian

21,137 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TallTexan
INiedrauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff

WHAT: Stephen F. Austin at Abilene Christian
WHERE: Anthony Field at Wildcat Stadium, Abilene, Texas
WHEN: Saturday, September 23rd, 6:00PM
MEDIA COVERAGE: Q107/TuneIn (Radio)

This is the official SFA at ACU Game Thread. Let your thoughts be heard!
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

PineLogger04
Setting the over/under on our final score deficit at 30. What say you?
SFA Grad 2004
Pine Log Sports Editor 2001-2004
Sigma Nu Alum
Axe Em
sfaguy
I feel like if I expect us to be blown out by 40 we might actually win.

I expect us to be blown out by 40.
Outsider
I think all of us at ACU know we can win. We also know you guys are still talented. I'm not making any predictions at this point. I just expect a good game.
SFASawmillGuy
I think this game will be surprisingly close/SFA wins which will just confuse everybody. As is tradition with SFA football.
nacluth
Yeah, I'll go with tradition too.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFAXE93
ACU QB Dallas Sealey will give the SFA defense fits with his running and scrambling ability, look for him to have a big day if the tackling woes continue.
Outsider
Dallas did a lot of scrambling and running against HBU: 46 yards with the longest being a 22 yard rush.
ACUCattitude
I don't think any of us at ACU think that this will be anything other than a tough, close game. I'll have to think about it before I'd predict a Wildcat win.

In case you are wondering, Don't sleep on Houston Baptist. That defense is every bit as good as the two FBS teams that we played. We managed to hold Dolan to only 19 tackles. The Huskies' offense just isn't very good and our defense is improved. The Jacks will be a much better test.

Come on over to ACU Cat Chat and let us know what you are thinking about this week.

Outsider
I agree with Cattitude, we complained a lot about our OL but we also know it was because HBU's defense gave us fits all night.
INiedrauer
Staff
I think the big concern from our side is offensive line against that ACU front. I'll put it this way: if SFA can't run the ball significantly better than in the first three weeks, I consider them almost as good as dead.

On the other hand, 30 points from either team might win the game.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

Outsider
Our defensive front and secondary has made big gains this year, especially against the run. Even though UNM is not quite as good this year (a top FBS rushing team last year), they were shocked at the run defense. CSU was our test against a strong passing team and they too were impressed. I think most of us still wan't to see advancement, but we are finding ourselves making defensive statements we haven't made in a while. If your QBs and WRs are having a good night, that could test us. Unless your run significantly improves, I don't see a lot coming from there. We are trying to get the run established as well, but so far are compensating ok.
Outsider
I don't know if either team will score above 30 points Saturday. I really hope many of you will make the trip to Abilene. We promise the new atmosphere will be worth it.
PurpleOut
Staff
New stadium looks great guys. We're all very jealous.
BigJack85
I don't expect a tight game... We've struggled with ACU since Conque. This is his worst team. I suspect a blowout for ACU.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
ACUCattitude
Having lived through the last 2 or 3 years, I'm not all that confident game to game. The Cats have shown a lot of fight against good competition but still have a lot of work to do. We are favored by a TD I think, and that's about right. At the same time, the Jacks could definitely send us home disappointed.
Oscar
Where is the smack talk. No chest thumping and loud mouthed promises to ruin ACU's perfect home record now that the Jacks have learned to win? What's up with that? How are we supposed to work ourselves into a pregame frenzy if everyone makes nice?
INiedrauer
Staff
Honestly, as you can tell from the amount (lack) of activity over here, the faith is running on fumes on this side of the state. Hopefully they give us a reason to smack talk McNeese with a win this weekend though..
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

Outsider
Smack talk or not, come on over to the West for a day.
SFASawmillGuy
Honestly what Isaac said. If we win this game maybe we have confidence going into parents weekend. If we lose. Pessimism will reign supreme in Nac.
TallTexan
I've pretty much already given up on this season, but if we're gonna win a fluke game, we should save up all the miracles for the SHSU game.
INiedrauer
Staff
Maybe we'll get lucky and this will happen first http://www.fox4news.com/news/biblical-prophecy-claims-the-world-will-end-on-sept-23-christian-numerologists-claim
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

ACUCattitude
Looks like the game is going to be another sell-out. Just a few hundred general admission seats remain. That doesn't include the visitor section on the NE corner of the stadium next to the student section.
Gonna be hot. Let me know if you want better seats. Note: I'm not a scalper. Just know some folks with tickets who won't be in town for the game. Face value or less.

Like you could scalp tickets to ACU/SFA
drhuggybear
ESPN3 carries the SFA him games. Will we be able to watch this game online as well?
Outsider
Go to: http://www.acusports.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

Click the Live Video link from Stretch

drhuggybear
Will this be with the biased ACU announcers?

Thanks. I appreciate the link. Looking forward to a good game tonight.
TallTexan
ACUCattitude said:

Looks like the game is going to be another sell-out. Just a few hundred general admission seats remain. That doesn't include the visitor section on the NE corner of the stadium next to the student section.
Gonna be hot. Let me know if you want better seats. Note: I'm not a scalper. Just know some folks with tickets who won't be in town for the game. Face value or less.

Like you could scalp tickets to ACU/SFA
What's the capacity of the new stadium?
PurpleForever
We are spoiled with our ESPN3 broadcasts of every home game. I was getting ready to watch it online and completely forgot not every school has that available.
drhuggybear
PurpleForever said:

We are spoiled with our ESPN3 broadcasts of every home game. I was getting ready to watch it online and completely forgot not every school has that available.

Very much so. I was excited when we were given the link above but $9.95 is a tad more than I wanted to pay.
nacluth
Q1077.com
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
Bigfoot
I noticed Foster Sawyer is out of the game. Does anyone know if he is hurt?
drhuggybear
I am listening now. Awesome to see a 10-3 lead at halftime.

#axeem
SFASawmillGuy
10-3 halftime lead!
SFASawmillGuy
Yes reinjured his knee.
Bigfoot
Glad we are ahead but sorry to hear Foster reinsured his knee. Hopefully Jake Blumrick can step in and play well.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.