Zach Conque

16,455 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SFASawmillGuy
SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/zach-conque-qb-stephen-f-austin/
Interesting to note a lot of teams have been looking at Zach as a tight end in the NFL. Maybe not a bad choice.
MasterAxe
No knock against Zach (or maybe it is) but there was no way on this green Earth he was/is going to play QB at a professional level.

He was not (as a passer) even a top half QB in college.

But, hes got that size, speed and knowledge to possibly transition to TE.

Best of luck to him!
PurpleOut
Staff
Our Pro Day today got moved to Lufkin HS due to weather...since they have an indoor facility and we don't.
TallTexan
That's just makes me sad for our school. Can't believe the students didn't pass the athletics funding.
INiedrauer
Staff
MasterAxe said:

No knock against Zach (or maybe it is) but there was no way on this green Earth he was/is going to play QB at a professional level.

Best of luck to him!
There are very few human beings who can throw a 75 yard spiral. Zach is one of them.
SFA88
INiedrauer said:

MasterAxe said:

Best of luck to him!
There are very few human beings who can throw a 75 yard spiral. Zach is one of them.
And so was JaMarcus Russell.
INiedrauer
Staff
SFA88 said:

INiedrauer said:

MasterAxe said:

Best of luck to him!
And so was JaMarcus Russell.

So he'll go 1st overall then? Idk about that..
SFA Jack Fanatic
INiedrauer said:

MasterAxe said:

Best of luck to him!
He was inaccurate this whole last season. Overthrew receivers every game. I hope he makes it as a TE, because IMO he's not an NFL quality QB.
MasterAxe
I have do doubt about arm strength.

But, arm strength aint any good when we cant hit a simple crossing route or curl route.

So much more to the game than "I can throw it real far."

Love the kid. Not an NFL QB. Not close.
INiedrauer
Staff
I think a lot of what people describe resulted from some shaky footwork he's dealt with. People around him seem to think that's fixable and ultimately, still, he might be better off as a tight end. If it comes down to being a great player at one position and below average at another, I think the decision is easy. But having watched his Pro Day and talked to observers, he's definitely an NFL QB prospect. No question in my mind.

Keyword: prospect. We'll see.
INiedrauer
Staff
The eye-popping numbers have some teams wanting another chance to watch Zach. He'll be at Baylor's Pro Day tomorrow in front of a bigger audience of scouts.
nacluth
Good to hear. Honestly I'm mildly surprised Baylor's having a pro day for him to attend, but wish him the best of luck against D1 standouts.
SFASawmillGuy
Even when he struggled, he still garnered a ton of attention from NFL scouts.
He's just built to be an NFL player at some position. Not many players are as big and athletic as he is.
INiedrauer
Staff
I've heard nothing but good things from Waco today.

15 teams (as of when I last heard) had lined up to interview him after working out. All 32 were present to watch today.
SFASawmillGuy
With his speed and size, as a tight end he could be an extremely dangerous weapon for whatever team picks him up.
SFASawmillGuy
Zach has a private workout with the Houston Texans today.
TheJacksster
The only career Zach Conque will ever have in the pros is at the TE position
SFA88
Although he could go in the 6th or 7th round, it is more likely that he will be an undrafted free agent as a TE.
SFASawmillGuy
NRG stadium couldn't get rid of Zach that easily.
nacluth
Congrats to Zach. I hope he can earn a spot on a roster.
BigJack85
Good luck to Zach.
Willis Jack
Good to see Zach sign with the Texans. Hopefully he can stick for a lil while.
SFASawmillGuy
Justice Liggins got invited to tryout for Arizona.
aquavelvis
Good to see that Conque has signed with the Texans. Sure, he would play at TE but how much worse can he be than Brock Lobster?
SFAXE93
BigJack85
Awesome. Texans fan here. Hope to see him on the field.
SFA88
SFA_03 said:

Justice Liggins got invited to tryout for Arizona.
What can you tell me about him? Is he fast? The Cardinals love speedy receivers. Can he play special teams? Can he return kick offs and/or punts? The Cardinals need a kick returner; its the reason they drafted T. J. Logan. Special teams is the way most UDFAs get on a squad.
PurpleOut
Staff
Liggins will be joining the Chiefs, not the Cardinals.

http://www.locker-report.com/2017/05/03/the-combine-report-chiefs-welcomes-wr-justice-liggins-to-camp-a-steal-in-the-making/
SFASawmillGuy
Liggins has good hands, but has some very questionable drops at times. His 4.37 speed is good for a NFL WR, but he is very elusive when he runs, often turning a 5 yard completion into a 20+ yard play. He's the kind of receiver who fights for the ball. I feel like his elusiveness would make him a good return man, and if he worked on his hands, he could be a decent slot receiver. .
SFA88
PurpleOut said:

Liggins will be joining the Chiefs, not the Cardinals.

http://www.locker-report.com/2017/05/03/the-combine-report-chiefs-welcomes-wr-justice-liggins-to-camp-a-steal-in-the-making/

That explains why I didn't see his name among the 17 UDFAs the Cardinals signed.
PurpleOut
Staff
Zach appears to be doing well so far.

corleycl
http://www.cbs19.tv/sports/former-sfa-quarterback-trying-to-earn-a-spot-in-the-nfl/460117541
INiedrauer
Staff
Early word is he's doing well. Spent the third day blocking Clowney so being thrown straight into the flames. He was asked to bulk up to 255 by camp and he weighed in at exactly 255. Even with the extra pounds (his playing weight was 225 at SFA) he outright won the conditioning competition against his entire position group.

Counting down the days to that first preseason game.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

cboothe09
It will be an uphill climb to get a roster spot with Fedorowitz, Griffin, and Anderson ahead of him. Hope he gets it though.
corleycl
Twitter reports saying Conque has been waived by Texans.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.