Playoffs 2021

5,504 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFASawmillGuy
Jacks4460
How long do you want to ignore this user?
First off I really hope all those that told me I was full of the Carthel KoolAid come to the playoff game against UIW in Nacogdoches… Our kids finally have something going their way and I can promise you this bEASTtx Pineywoods train is just gaining steam.. We are really good folks.. All aboard!!! AxeEm
SFA Jack Fanatic
Will the selection show be televised or streamed? If so, where?

EDIT: Never mind. ESPNU
SFASawmillGuy
Jacks vs Cardinals for a chance at the BOTPW 2.0!
84Jack
Playoffs!!! Yes
PurpleOut
Staff
Let's go!!!
SFASawmillGuy
The fact there was a question about us getting in but a 6 win UNI team got in is nuts. I don't care who they lost to, they lost 5 games.
Kat1990
Cannot believe that UIW outbid SFA to host
Jacks4460
I am so glad we will get a chance at the Kats if we can beat UIW which I am sure we can..
Buckytaylor
Kat1990 said:

Gets us use to playing in an empty stadium
Jacks4460
Kat1990 said:

I was thinking the same thing..it don't matter tho we wanna outbid Sammy.. we just saving our coins to do that. See ya in SA..
TallTexan
500 fans ought to get us Homefield advantage.
PurpleOut
Staff
Yeah I'm confused/surprised on it being in SA as well.

Oh well, I hope we turnout. I don't know if I can make it. 10 hours round trip sucks.
Buckytaylor
Jacks4460 said:

Kat1990 said:

I was thinking the same thing..it don't matter tho we wanna outbid Sammy.. we just saving our coins to do that. See ya in SA..
they automatic home being the higher seed aren't they?
SFAJack_76
Attendance for their big game against #6 Southeastern was 3,220.
SFASawmillGuy
Buckytaylor said:

Jacks4460 said:

Kat1990 said:

they automatic home being the higher seed aren't they?

No it's bid on by the schools, but they don't just factor how much money is offered. They also take into account the attendance(we win) among other things. I'm sure the accessibility to San Antonio was a huge thing they pushed.
SFAJack_76
Jacks4460 said:

Kat1990 said:

Nice thought, but Sam is at home as long as they win since they are the #1 seed.
Kat1990
Jacks4460 said:

Kat1990 said:

You will be at Bowers if you win
The road to Frisco goes through HuntVegas and Bowers where the Bearkats are 15-0 all time in the FCS playoffs
KATatonic
Hope you guys take out UIW. Self better be on his game because the Cardinals will score. BOTPW redux in Huntsville would be epic. I'm sure we will finally have a packed house for that one and some great tailgating.
AxeEm99
The road to Frisco goes through HuntVegas and Bowers where the Bearkats are 15-0 all time in the FCS playoffs

Fortunately after next year Championships for SH will only be a distant memory... Good luck this year and next. I'm looking forward to being 'Kat-less' in 2023!!
SFASawmillGuy
AxeEm99 said:

Fortunately after next year Championships for SH will only be a distant memory... Good luck this year and next. I'm looking forward to being 'Kat-less' in 2023!!

Man you are terrified of our biggest rivals when we have a legitimate very good chance to beat them. And don't say you're being a realist, you're being a very bad fan.
Bearkat21
Hope y'all show up at Bowers December 4th. Bring your friends and family. We need a big game for both schools. Nothing better than a high stakes rivalry game. First go beat UIW.
AxeEm99
I NEVER said we could not beat them. We almost did a few weeks back. I'm just glad they are moving on. Fortunately, we are headed in the right direction in Football now! The future is bright for us in FCS!
MileHiJack
I like where we are positioned. This could be a Texas football recruiting bonanza! The potential of playing and winning against two Texas programs in major recruiting markets could pay huge dividends to Coach Carthel and the SFA program.
SFASawmillGuy
We should NOT overlook UIW. As much trash as we talked about them they have a red hot offense. Fortunately for us, their defense is suspect at times.
They're gonna score points but we just have to make sure we keep them from scoring too often. I have no doubt Self to Gipson will be flashy. I think we win by 2 scores but it will never be comfortable.
SFAJack_76
UIW fan information including tickets. Surely SFA will have some sort of allotment.

https://uiwcardinals.com/sports/2021/11/21/fan-information-for-ncaa-playoff-game.aspx?path=football
jflandis
Bearkat21 said:

Hope y'all show up at Bowers December 4th. Bring your friends and family. We need a big game for both schools. Nothing better than a high stakes rivalry game. First go beat UIW.

Couldn't agree more. This is the level of respect we need to have between our schools/fans. The rivalry makes us both better and more relevant.
nacluth
UIW is going to test our defense. They are better than UCA
Jacks4460
There is some bid process with the NCAA that happens.. Not sure how it all goes down.
Jacks4460
Our defense will not have a problem with UIW.. They are friggin dawgs and healthy as can be.. Our DL has gotten more dominant since BOTPW.. We will have Myles and Tkai full game..We will bring it Saturday I can promise..
SFASawmillGuy
Jacks4460 said:

There is some bid process with the NCAA that happens.. Not sure how it all goes down.

I've been told a big decision is accessibility. Such as access to airports or major municipalities since ESPN brings their own crews and equipment.
sfajack05
SFA_03 said:

Jacks4460 said:

I've been told a big decision is accessibility. Such as access to airports or major municipalities since ESPN brings their own crews and equipment.

I was wondering if it had something to do with broadcasting. I thought maybe the first round would be done by the schools and maybe they had a better production.
MileHiJack
Well, if we travel well enough throughout the state and the local alumni shows up, we might have an equal or larger crowd than the home team! I'm sure that wouldn't be loss on the team and Coach Carthel.
SFASawmillGuy
For round 1 I don't expect any kind of large crowd to be there. 2 days after thanksgiving will make it very difficult to get anyone but students from the San Antonio area or alumni from that area to go. Hell I'll be out of state until about 8am that morning. So I'm hoping I'll be up for the drive but if not the Sawmill will be reporting on the game from home.
Ljacks&Longnecks
I will be making the drive down from Austin. After 2 years of retirement I am back for 6 weeks to my former employer to help them out 6 days a week. Next Saturday will not be one of those days.
MileHiJack
Agree! Thanksgiving can be tough and , for me, Denver is a bit far with family obligations (lol...I did check flights on SW but holiday travel...not a good viable option) . However, if I was visiting with the parents in Georgetown this year, I would be down there in a heartbeat...family included! I would challenge all of our SA/Austin alumni to make a day of it. Alamo /River Walk/Margs and then enjoy catching a great game with a team on the rise! It is a mid-afternoon game and fits nicely after a Black Friday day of shopping! Axe' em Jacks!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.