(RV) SFA vs. (RV) CENTRAL ARKANSAS

7,677 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?

(RV) STEPHEN F. AUSTIN STATE (6-3; 4-2) VS. (RV) CENTRAL ARKANSAS (5-4; 1-1)

WHEN: NOV. 13 (SAT.) 4:00 P.M.
WHERE: CONWAY, ARKANSAS (ESTES STADIUM)
TV: ESPN+
RADIO: Q107.7

SFA is 3-11-0 overall and 1-6 on the road, in the all-times series with the Bears of UCA in a lot of close contests.

2019: L 7-30 (Conway)
2018: L 17-27 (Nac)
2017: L 20-24 (Conway)
2016: L 14-34 (Nac)
2015: L 24-36 (Conway)
2014: L 39-49 (Nac)
2013: L 31-66 (Conway)
2012: W 42-37 (Nac)
2011: L 28-38 (Conway)
2010: W 30-7 (Nac)
2009: W 33-30 (Conway)
2008: L 41-49 (Nac)
2007: L 23-35 (Conway)
2006: L 35-37 (Nac)

Both teams are riding a 3-game win streak, with UCA winning 4 out of the last 5, that one loss being a 35-38 defeat to EKU in which they blew a 35-13 lead in the second half in Conway.

The offense is lead by QB: BREYLIN SMITH who has completed 204 passes for 2,721 yards and 25 TDs.

The two top receviers in the country will square off with SFA's XAVIER GIPSON and UCA's WR TYLER HUDSON who has 1,165 yards on 56 catches and 8 TDs. Also, look for WR LUJUAN WINNINGHAM who has an 840 yards on 53 catches and 5 TDs.

On the ground the Bears have leading rusher RB DARIUS HALE with 851 yards (5.4 AVERAGE) and 16 TDs.

UCA averages 40 points a game, 314 yards through the air and 151 yards on the ground for an impressive 465 yards per game (7 yards per play), while the defense has held opponents to 29 points, 151 yards on the ground and 227 yards through the air.

The defense has DT LOGAN JESSUP up front with 10 TFL and 5 sacks and in the secondary CB DEANDRE LAMONT who leads the team with 2 INTs and 7 PBU.

SFA stands at 6-3 with another winning season in the books, the first back to back winning seasons since the back to back conference championships of 2009 and 2010.

The upward trajectory continues…

2021: 6-3
2020: 6-4
2019: 3-9
2018: 2-8

..with the playoffs just in sight, but the Jacks are going to have to earn it in a big way, with two road games remaining, and the first stop is that other monkey on the Lumberjack's back, UCA and Conway, Arkansas, where SFA has not won since 2009 and has not beaten the Bears since 2012.

Axe'Em
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
Ljacks&Longnecks
You are correct 93, this will be a tough game. We will need to overcome our road history at UCA and they are still a pretty good team. We need another full team effort like the last 2 games. Very doable for sure. Play well, play smart, avoid the JSU turnover start and I think we will be good.
SFASawmillGuy
Despite them losing to Sam, I think this is the toughest team we've matched up with all year.

Their offense is explosive, and will beat you in every way imaginable. Their defense is no joke either. We will need to bring the team we had last week to Conway to come home with the win.

Keys are gonna be protecting Trae and giving him time to throw. Establishing the run early. And keeping their offense from getting hot.

Sam wants college gameday to be in Huntsville, Montana and Montana State wants it, honestly this game between the Jacks and the Bears will be the toughest matchup of them all. All hands on deck. The playoffs are on the line. Let's bring home the win on the stripes.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA_03 said:

Despite them losing to Sam, I think this is the toughest team we've matched up with all year.

Their offense is explosive, and will beat you in every way imaginable. Their defense is no joke either. We will need to bring the team we had last week to Conway to come home with the win.

Keys are gonna be protecting Trae and giving him time to throw. Establishing the run early. And keeping their offense from getting hot.

Sam wants college gameday to be in Huntsville, Montana and Montana State wants it, honestly this game between the Jacks and the Bears will be the toughest matchup of them all. All hands on deck. The playoffs are on the line. Let's bring home the win on the stripes.

I agree. This game really worries me. A couple of mistakes like we had vs. Jacksonville State and we're toast.

I think it will be a shootout. Whatever the Over/Under is, I'm taking the Over.
Jacks4460
We fixin to turn it up in Conway!!! Its great to be a Lumberjack... How many of you folks thought we would be talking about making the playoffs this year?? Lets GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
nacluth
I see Eastern Kentucky stayed ranked with us the first one out.
SFASawmillGuy
I guess we were a "quality loss". However if we beat UCA we will go into the final week ranked, which would all but solidify us as one of the 24 in.
TallTexan
SFA_03 said:

I guess we were a "quality loss". However if we beat UCA we will go into the final week ranked, which would all but solidify us as one of the 24 in.

This game has me nervous. I know we can win it but UCA has had our number for years.
SFAXE93
You got it, sam and uca for years now.
millenniumkat
Sfa wins this one by 6. Makes the playoffs in round one vs SELA. will it be at home or in Hammond? $$$
SFASawmillGuy
Just judging by how Carthel and Ivey have spoke about the possibility of the playoffs I don't think they're gonna make a large push for us to host a playoff game, at least not this year.
Next year if we perform as well as I think we will and are in the top 10 by seasons end, I think they'll want to push for that home field advantage.
SFAJack_76
IF we make the playoffs, I suspect we will put in a bid to host.
Bearkat21
First time chiming in since BOTPW but hoping y'all can make the playoffs and we get 1 more shot at each other. Y'all have to have a lot go right and then likely beat SELA to make it to Bowers for the second round. Good luck to ya and hope to see y'all in Huntsville on December 4th.
SFASawmillGuy
https://soundcloud.com/1037thebuzz/clint-conque-presented-by-farm-brothers-flying-service-11-8-21?utm_source=clipboard&utm_campaign=wtshare&utm_medium=widget&utm_content=https%253A%252F%252Fsoundcloud.com%252F1037thebuzz%252Fclint-conque-presented-by-farm-brothers-flying-service-11-8-21

Maybe not the voice everyone(or maybe anyone)wants to hear talking about Saturday's matchup but at about he halfway point in this radio show Clint Conque talks about the matchup between his two former schools. He still seems to show some respect for SFA, despite it really only being him talking about a few of his former recruits still being on the roster.
SFAXE93
millenniumkat
Who wants to show us on the doll where Clint Conque touched yall? That guy is a world class creep
SFAXE93
millenniumkat
Just finished the EKU replay Yall overmatched them. But you have to get rid of "DT" in the broadcast. That guy is unlistenable
SFASawmillGuy

Getting our mileage out of these unis.
SFASawmillGuy
This broadcast already looks great.
Ljacks&Longnecks
XXXXavier
nacluth
The man is unreal
SFA Jack Fanatic
The X Man Cometh.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Brown has not put one in the endzone in the last four games.
SFASawmillGuy
That would've been a touchdown if it wasn't tipped at the line.
SFASawmillGuy
Remember when we hated bubble screens?
nacluth
Xavier blocks and catches.
SFASawmillGuy
I think we should've punted that. Quick is good enough I think we pin them inside their own 5.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Understand aggressive but I would have punted there to try and pin them deep.

Course if we had converted then I would say great call.
nacluth
INT!!! Ramos.
SFASawmillGuy
Really bad luck in that tip.
SFASawmillGuy
Offense needs to come out and recapture the momentum.
nacluth
UCA scores after the INT.

7-7
Ljacks&Longnecks
All the RBs we started the season with and Reed is the only one left standing today. Hope he stays healthy all game.
SFASawmillGuy
Well we technically have a WR on the depth chart and I think Aune has taken reps at RB.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.