GAME WEEK: UTSA

21,228 Views | 195 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pilotgirl
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?

SFA (0-1) vs. UTSA (1-0)

WHEN: SEPT. 19 (SAT.) 2:00 P.M.
WHERE: SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS (ALAMODOME)
TV: ESPN3/ESPN+

Former Southland Conference foe UTSA welcomes SFA to town for the first ever meeting in football.

The Roadrunners under first year head coach and SFA alumnus Jeff Traylor are off to a thrilling start to the 2020 season with a 51-48 victory over the Bobcats of Texas State in a good ole Saturday afternoon barnburner in San Marcos in front of 7,500 fans.

UTSA Junior QB Frank Harris 6-0; 200 completed 23 passes for 169 yards and 1 TD, while also rushing for another 51 yards on 11 carries and 3 more scores. Sophomore running back Sincere McCormick 5-9; 200 took the heavy load with 29 carries for 197 yards gaining almost 7 yards per carry and a TD.

Overall the Roadrunners rushed the ball 51 times for 330 yards and 4 TDs.

The UTSA secondary gave up 349 yards through the air and 4 TDs.

Look for the Roadrunners to try and take it to the Jacks in the trenches.

Axe'Em

"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
BigJack85
Watched the game vs Texas State , UTSA has weapons. We'll have to really bring it to have a chance.
Ljacks&Longnecks
UTSA/TxSt was a very entertaining and wild game. UTSA can strike quickly and appear to be able to move the ball freely. Our defense will be stiffly challenged. They are miles ahead of UTEP.
Have to try and take it to their defense as that looks to be their weakest link.
SFAJack_76
UTSA Para 04
Hello, y'all. I'm looking forward to the first meeting between our football teams.

I hope we all enjoy a great game.

For those of you making it to the Alamodome, I wish y'all could see how we normally tailgate and host our opponent fans. It's a great time for everyone. Maybe we'll have another opportunity in the near future.

Here are a few precautions that UTSA and the Alamodome are taking for COVID: https://www.alamodome.com/plan-your-visit/covid-19-safety-plan

Here's a link to one of our fan forums: http://www.rowdytalk.com/

Run 'Em Roadrunners!
TallTexan
UTSA Para 04 said:

Hello, y'all. I'm looking forward to the first meeting between our football teams.

I hope we all enjoy a great game.

For those of you making it to the Alamodome, I wish y'all could see how we normally tailgate and host our opponent fans. It's a great time for everyone. Maybe we'll have another opportunity in the near future.

Here are a few precautions that UTSA and the Alamodome are taking for COVID: https://www.alamodome.com/plan-your-visit/covid-19-safety-plan

Here's a link to one of our fan forums: http://www.rowdytalk.com/

Welcome!
BigJack85
I had this pegged as "winnable" 2 weeks ago. I don't now. I see there O-Line giving their QB plenty of protection.
SFAXE93
Need to get Nichols and Mosley back.
SFASawmillGuy
I say still a winnable game. UTSA has a better offense than UTEP, no doubt, but I think UTEP has the better defense.
We could've beat UTEP by multiple scores if a few plays went differently, and the mistakes we made are certainly very correctable.
It's all gonna be how the coaches have worked to fix those mistakes, how the team responds to the opening disappointment, and of course the game day execution.
SFAJack_76
Our secondary is still going to be a challenge due to injuries. In the UTEP game, we had to play a true freshman that played WR last year in high school. Yes, he was out of position a few times. Depth matters, and when you start with 63 scholarships, injuries are even tougher to overcome.
KirkHeath12
SFA is 18.5 point underdog. We got this
Class of 2012
Axe Em
SFAXE93
It would be nice to see what a team could do at 100%, but it is what it is and every team gets its share of injures, especially SFA it seems year in and year out.

It will be real important, now more than ever for the offense to sustain a few drives in the game and keep the defense from getting winded.
Jacks4460
SFAJack_76 said:

Our secondary is still going to be a challenge due to injuries. In the UTEP game, we had to play a true freshman that played WR last year in high school. Yes, he was out of position a few times. Depth matters, and when you start with 63 scholarships, injuries are even tougher to overcome.
Did Coach mention in his radio show when the secondary would be coming back? The top four safties didnt play against UTEP... I dont understand how your top 4 guys at a position can all be hurt... Except for the Rona getting them... SFA injury bug is bigger than most it seems year in and year out...
Jacks4460
KirkHeath12 said:

SFA is 18.5 point underdog. We got this
I dont know.. Our secondary is hurting... Really hurting.. Freshmen that were WR are playing Safety.. Not that they arent trying because they are busting their asses... Tabow was suppose to play Safety and they had to move him back to CB because of injuries at that position..
SFAJack_76
It would not be appropriate for me to comment on injuries, but the guys out are not due to them having the virus, or having been in contact with anyone with the virus.
Jacks4460
SFAJack_76 said:

It would not be appropriate for me to comment on injuries, but the guys out are not due to them having the virus, or having been in contact with anyone with the virus.
I understand thats why I asked if coach said anything about the injuries on the radio because then it is public knowledge and would be ok to talk about... Wow I couldnt think of anything else but the virus or coming into contact with someone who tested + for the virus..6 dudes out Gordon, Davis, McCune, Ramos ,Lawton, Roland... That meeting room has no one left in it... Crazy how injury bug got our safties... actually it blows my mind..
SFAJack_76
Jacks4460
I saw #14 MCcune in the latest work out video.. That's a good thing for the secondary..
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Very nice. Thanks, 76.
UTSA Para 04
One more day!!

Below are a few more notes for those of you that are coming to the Alamodome.

There have been some changes in the parking situation because of COVID and tailgating not being allowed this year.

There will be parking in the Alamodome parking lots for $25. This is rare because the lots are normally only available to season ticket holders and donors.

Parking lots open at NOON. (Typically they open at 8a no matter what time the game is because we tailgate all day.)

The Alamodome has a CLEAR bag policy. It's very important to understand this before you get there and get turned away. See this link:

https://www.alamodome.com/plan-your-visit/clear-bag-policy?spMailingID=6038284&spUserID=MjM0Mjc1MDQ3MzYwS0&spJobID=1100776515&spReportId=MTEwMDc3NjUxNQS2

Other notes and updates specific to the UTSA vs SFA game:

https://goutsa.com/news/2020/9/17/utsa-sfa-football-game-fan-information.aspx

Run 'Em Roadrunners!
Pilotgirl
Is anyone going to this game? I will definitely catch it on TV
UTSA Para 04
Update: Game will available on ESPN2 and kickoff is changed to 2:30p.

Run 'Em Roadrunners!
PurpleOut
Staff
Jacks4460
I am going Pilotgirl... Just saw they have the game on ESPN @ which should be pretty good coverage and help get us some exposure...
Pilotgirl
Jacks4460 said:

I am going Pilotgirl... Just saw they have the game on ESPN @ which should be pretty good coverage and help get us some exposure...
Nice...cheer loud for us
KirkHeath12
Spread has gone down to 14.5 now.
Class of 2012
Axe Em
SFAXE93
I noticed they put Tamrick Pace back on the roster.
jflandis
SFAXE93 said:

Healthy Pace could be worth 14 points!
TallTexan
SFAXE93 said:

Upset Alert.
Jacks4460
For the line to move down 4 points means a lot of $$ was being put on our Jacks...
SFAJack_76
Changed the helmet logo from the UTEP game. Better.
Jacks4460
Not suited up tho.. unless I am missing him but don't think so
Ljacks&Longnecks
Much better helmet decal.
SFAXE93
How does that guy put them on so straight and even?

I'm that guy driving around with the uneven crooked chrome SFA logo on the back of the tailgate of my truck.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.