Pre-Season ALL SLC Teams

3,085 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFASawmillGuy
MasterAxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We have two selections....by one guy.

Xavier Gibson is a 2nd team WR and Returner.

Not terribly surprised. There are some really good players on the 1st and 2nd team.

https://www.southland.org/news/2020/7/14/southland-announces-2020-preseason-all-conference-football-teams.aspx
Jacks4460
There is about a 5% chance of us playing football in the fall... I am usually the optimist but not with this Covid and election year at the same time.... I see us playing ball in Jan. and basketball not starting until Jan.
MasterAxe
Jacks4460 said:

There is about a 5% chance of us playing football in the fall... I am usually the optimist but not with this Covid and election year at the same time.... I see us playing ball in Jan. and basketball not starting until Jan.
Everyday that passes, i feel like your 5% is being generous. You're seeing colleges, conferences and now high schools ISD's delaying or cancelling.

Houston ISD just pushed everything back to October. Athletics included.
TallTexan
East Texas State Fair just cancelled.

We've got about as much chance of playing football this fall as Duke has of beating SFA.
cboothe09
I thought the HBU kid should have gotten 1st Team and I really thought Tamrick should have gotten a nod as well. other than that, there really aren't any glaring omissions...
Jacks4460
TallTexan said:

We've got about as much chance of playing football this fall as Duke has of beating SFA.
Nomination for quote of the year... I agree Texan... It hurts so many kids in HS because sports are their only way out of a bad living condition.. You are from Anderson County I know you see it...
SFASawmillGuy
It's possible they view Tamrick as a wildcard. He's coming off an injury once considered to be a career ended. Who's to say what that does for ones mentality. I certainly hope we get the same Tamrick that looked like he was going to single handedly win us the BOTPW before getting hurt this year, but it'll be something to wait and see.

Xavier is gonna be magical for us though.

Honestly the only ones expecting us to be anything this year are the people who closely follow the team. We know the potential is there. We know this team has everything in place to compete at not only a high level but a championship level. We just have to actually do it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.