WEEK 9: MCNEESE

14,620 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by drhuggybear
Jacks4460
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mccowboys said:

I came here to see how the young man was doing. I hope he will be OK.

He is doing well... Thank you for asking..
sfajack05
I only got to watch about 3 minutes of the game so it doesn't look I missed much.

I did notice the camera angles as well. Wonder what happened there. It also looked like one of the cameras wasn't where it usually is either so not sure with all the homecoming festivities they had to move it.

I saw Korbin Pate took a different job with the university and I believe he was the one in charge of the video. Hopefully the university didn't take a step back in the production department. Just looked at the employment page and found this: Creative Video Producer (Athletics) https://careers.sfasu.edu/postings/5138. So maybe it is an entire student crew running it right now.
Jacks4460
sfajack05 said:

I only got to watch about 3 minutes of the game so it doesn't look I missed much.

I did notice the camera angles as well. Wonder what happened there. It also looked like one of the cameras wasn't where it usually is either so not sure with all the homecoming festivities they had to move it.

I saw Korbin Pate took a different job with the university and I believe he was the one in charge of the video. Hopefully the university didn't take a step back in the production department. Just looked at the employment page and found this: Creative Video Producer (Athletics) https://careers.sfasu.edu/postings/5138. So maybe it is an entire student crew running it right now.
I think you are correct...
drhuggybear
SFA_03 said:

This might be the first game I've seen us start to quit.
I didn't see that but everyone perceives things differently.

We have been in several games up until the 4th quarter. By then the floodgates open on the defense. I don't see that as them quitting. I see that as them being exhausted. I don't know what the TOP difference was but our offense doesn't produce sustained drives. The offense has to help the defense by giving them some time to rest and catch their breath. The defense by the 4th quarter has lost a step or two which leads to missed tackles and touchdowns.

The offensive play calling has just been way too predictable.
1st down, deep ball attempt.
2nd down, rush up the middle.
3rd down, screen or rush up the middle.
4th down, punt
Rinse, Lather, Repeat

Very disheartening. I am sure the play options are limited due to the amount of freshmen, etc that we have. If we can spot it that easily in the stands, how much easier is it for a DC for other programs studying game film to see that and prepare for it.
Jeff
Axe'Em Jacks

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.