SFA Coaching Staff

3,282 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAJack_76
Dbrooks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Last season I observed the SFA coaching staff in bulk during every practice and every game I attended. As the season progressed I realized the reason why SFA dropped so many games was a direct correlation with the coaching staff alone. Yes, the players played the game and made plays, but I promise the coaches last season made so many mistakes it's not even funny.

I didn't like how certain coaches were placed in certain positions.

For example, I felt like Kevin Barbay,
former offensive coordinator and quarterback coach, should've been the wide receiver coach while Jeremey Moses should've been the offensive coordinator and quarterback coach. Moses obviously was a all time great at quarterback and to me I felt that he would've had a greater impact being in a bigger role in the offense.

This season I do feel that since Carthel had time to choose his staff unlike Byrd, he has put together a great staff all around bringing in guys from his championship season and other well respected positional coaches.

All I head on the sidelines during camp was Scott Power is a defensive guru and Matt Storm can put up points in a hurry.

So I wanted to know y'all thoughts on how this support coaching staff can help the team improve this season

TallTexan
SFA has the greatest OC/DC name combo in college football history.
Dbrooks
Staff
In training camp they both looked like Hall of Fame coaches and I'm not exaggerating at all. They have lived up to the hype in practice, we'll see if they can continue that during the season because they're definitely off to a great start.
SFAJack_76
I don't want to rehash last season, but am intrigued by your comment that Moses should have been the OC/QB coach. This season he is a high school QB coach. Barbay is the only coach from last season that ended up at a D1 college.

https://sfasawmill.com/forums/2/topics/1558
Dbrooks
Staff
Barbay was a great football mind I just believe he was in the wrong position. I honestly believed Moses should've been OC/QB coach because he had the most experience and had the accolades to back it up.

This season I do like how the coaching staff was built and I do believe the right coaches are in their rightful spot. I believe that will have a huge impact on how the season shakes out.
SFAJack_76
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.