2019 Season

33,053 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm sure next season we'll be competing for the top spot. But by 2021 we should be the favorite.
SFAJack_76
At the PLF luncheon Monday, Carthel was asked if Self was out for the year. His response was, "he is out today," Read that how you choose.
SFASawmillGuy
I guess until the 2019 football year is over I'll keep the SFA football talk here, but how about that get by Carthel! Sam Saxton from UT!
It's really gonna throw a wrench in the QB battle. Saxton appears to have great athleticism as well as being very accurate.

Will Trae keep his spot or will Sam get a chance to come in and compete right away?
TallTexan
Jacks4460
SFA_03 said:

I guess until the 2019 football year is over I'll keep the SFA football talk here, but how about that get by Carthel! Sam Saxton from UT!
It's really gonna throw a wrench in the QB battle. Saxton appears to have great athleticism as well as being very accurate.

Will Trae keep his spot or will Sam get a chance to come in and compete right away?
Thats the thing about this staff there will ALWAYS be competition for a starting job... Spring ball will start rolling in late Feb. I am JACKed already..
Jacks4460
SFA_03 said:

With Xavier Gibson on the Jerry Rice award watch list and us getting Tamrick Pace back next season, plus with how our receiving corps has been growing this year, next year our passing attack should be dangerous.
Pace could declare for the draft. The better move would be to stay in college but now a days these are the decisions young kids make and you just hope they are getting solid advice.. I love him no matter what he does.. He is gonna be really really good but the FA route this year is the harder of the routes. He has had 3 different coaches in the 3 years he has been eligible and hell the former SFA Athletic Academic advisor did him no favors with the academic mess he was in at the first of the year.. So I can kinda feel the kid.. I would him rather come back and get some good film for scouts to evaluate and finish his degree and go to the NFL combine and really improve his draft stock.. thus his earning potential for the first 3 yrs in the NFL will be much larger than the FA route..
TallTexan
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

The most important recruit for Carthel.
Jacks4460
Huge here!!
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.