Football and Insurance, a ticking time bomb.

2,923 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BigJack85
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/25776964/insurance-market-football-evaporating-causing-major-threat-nfl-pop-warner-colleges-espn

Found this super interesting article on Reddit and thought I'd share. I've said for a few years now that insurers will cause a mass exodus from football, leading schools to cancel the sport.

I don't see how HS and FCS football survive this over the next 20 years.
BigJack85
Completely agree. I really think there's a case that SFA should move concentrating on basketball, baseball and possibly add men's soccer. Of course they'd have to drop football
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
TallTexan
I wonder how much we spend on insurance for football?

I expect we'll see the wave hit High School football first, but certainly NAIA, D3, D2, and FCS wouldn't be far behind. Certainly some schools will dropout in the next decade or so.
BigJack85
I expect we will see regions of the country start to have problems supporting it. Northeast first then the west coast.

It won't be long before football is primarily for large state universities and extremely wealthy private universities.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.