Tarleton State

15,318 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BigJack85
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA (0-1) vs. Tarleton State (1-0)

WHEN: SEPT. 15 (SAT.) 6:00 P.M.
WHERE: Nacogdoches; Homer Bryce Stadium
TV: ESPN+

The Texans are coming off a very dominating 44-13 performance over power house Delta State, a team that was 9-4 and in the playoffs last season.

Tarleton State ran the ball 50 times for 285 yards and 2 TDs for the game averaging 5 yards a carry with only 16 attempts through the air for 448 total yards of offense.

7 of 15 on 3rd down conversions, the offensive line gave up 4 sacks to Delta State.

The Texans defense scored 2 TDs on INTs.

Seniors 30
Juniors 31
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
nacluth
This is the must win of the season. This is probably not going to be a cupcake game like we usually have had in the past, but we must win. If we pull it off, then we set the stage to beat UIW next.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFASawmillGuy
Let's keep them out of the SLC!
INiedrauer
Staff
Tarleton had less than 4800 fans at their home opener. They've got bigger issues than a competitive team if they want to be seen as a peer of SFA and Sam.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

TallTexan
INiedrauer said:

Tarleton had less than 4800 fans at their home opener. They've got bigger issues than a competitive team if they want to be seen as a peer of SFA and Sam.

Ouch, that sucks when they've been doing so many other things well on the Uni side.

Well if they get a competitive team, with 4800 fans they'd be a pretty good peer for Sam atleast.
SFA Jack Fanatic
With rain expected through most of the week, including Saturday, how do Sawmillers think this might affect game preparations and the game itself on Saturday?
BigJack85
Well it was the first week. We can crow once we beat Tarleton which is not a given We need to show that we can move the ball on the ground and not give up the big plays in defense.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
TallTexan
edstile said:

With rain expected through most of the week, including Saturday, how do Sawmillers think this might affect game preparations and the game itself on Saturday?

I think our guys will enjoy some cooler temps. Don't think it would affect it too much.
TheRevSFA
Im actually concerned about this one. The Texans aren't slouches
TallTexan
TheRevSFA said:

My biggest concern is whether or not our Niedrauer has been colluding with their Niedrauer.
INiedrauer
Staff
TallTexan said:

TheRevSFA said:

My biggest concern is whether or not our Niedrauer has been colluding with their Niedrauer.
Actually and unfortunately, their Niedrauer suffered a significant back injury in camp and has elected to forgo the season and commitment. May go JUCO route if he's able to play again and probably for the best.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

nacluth
Man that's too bad. Wish him the best.
TallTexan
INiedrauer said:

TallTexan said:

TheRevSFA said:

Actually and unfortunately, their Niedrauer suffered a significant back injury in camp and has elected to forgo the season and commitment. May go JUCO route if he's able to play again and probably for the best.
Bummer, this sport is no joke when it comes to injuries.

We hope he heals quickly and practices his writing skills before his inevitable transfer to SFA to take over the "family business".
PurpleOut
Staff
Looks like there will be at least a small amount of Tarleton fans there.

TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Looks like there will be at least a small amount of Tarleton fans there.

We let opposing students in free too? I didn't know that.

Also, glad to have them. Having a contingent of opposing fans always made the student sections more lively.
MasterAxe
I urge you to not sleep on TSU.

We have lost to them before.

https://sfajacks.com/news/2007/9/1/_Jacks_Fall_in_Season_Opener.aspx?path=football

Just saying, D2 produces some really good talent and it would behoove us to finish this quick and not let them hang around.
PurpleOut
Staff
I believe it's been noted that the 2007 season is not to be mentioned.

TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

I believe it's been noted that the 2007 season is not to be mentioned.

That was prior to my time, so I pretend those days just didn't exist.

Sadly, in 2010 I was still running into current students who thought we hadn't won a football game in years.
tangerito
I could bring up the Charlie Simmons era but I won't.......at least we were entertained by a streaker at a Parent's weekend game.
SFASawmillGuy
One. More. Day.
TallTexan
SFA_03 said:

One. More. Day.
Been the longest Friday in history.
SFASawmillGuy
GAME DAY!!!
CertifiedAxeman98
Why is the game on ESPN+ and not on ESPN3? Has everything moved from ESPN3 to ESPN+?
nacluth
Believe me, I'm not happy about it. ESPN+ is just screwing all the fans that have supported SFA's great ESPN3 deal that they have had for a couple years. You now have to pay the additional $5/month for MORE ESPN than the already high cable fees you pay for sports. All of our home games have switched to ESPN+. I haven't heard about the basketball season yet, but assume it's the same. SFA is about to have its online viewership numbers tank...and that is not a good thing.

Now I assume that ESPN has a long term goal to put all their mobile streaming behind the ESPN+ paywall at some point. However, for SFA to be an early adopter is not good for its fans.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
CertifiedAxeman98
So I now get to pay $5 a month more to the network that still calls us SF Austin on their mobile app?
SFAXE93
The can do TCU and SMU, but not SFA?

Just don't get it.

It is even stated in the official SFA media guide the correct representation and they still disrespect us. It must be out of spite now.
SFAXE93
Yes, everything has moved to ESPN+ including basketball. All the FCS conferences including the Sun Belt pretty much had to move over. For now the P5 are still on ESPN3, but ESPN3 will soon be a thing of the past.

This is all Disney and their effort to take back its streaming rights and dominate the market mainly NetFlix. ESPN+ is just the beginning as everything slowly goes to streaming. Everything will be a subscription in the future, music, movies, TV, groceries, cars, etc. (Maybe even air )

We are moving away from TV's to mobile devices and Disney along with many soon to be others are transferring over.

"This product reflects our new direct-to-consumer strategy focused on combining our incomparable brands and unmatched content with industry-leading technology to give users an unparalleled digital experience."

Kevin Mayer (Chairman)

Fox Sports Programming will be next. It is also to combat cable cutters.

About all you can do is cancel after the basketball season and re up in Sept.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Damn ESPN and corporate American greed........But I must have my SFA games so I will have to chase my wife off the computer earlier than planned so I can set + up and tune in
SFAXE93
CertifiedAxeman98
Is what it is back to the game at hand. I expect a win today but like last week not sure we will know what this team is capable of until next week. Hopefully they can get their uniforms in compliance this week.
Pilotgirl
Well, I sure hope picture quality is better with ESPN+....here is hoping!
SFAXE93
WEATHER DELAY
Ljacks&Longnecks
Sure is quiet here for game day.....Weather delay according to the ESPN+ site...maybe we can get an update from the tailgate crowd.
SFAXE93
Ljacks&Longnecks
Thanks 93....looks like a decent crowd under the tent!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.