SFA made the news here in Shreveport - oh boy

3,969 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SFASawmillGuy
RedRiverLa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.ksla.com/2018/08/29/stephen-f-austin-kicks-off-season-with-investigation-into-ex-coach-looming/
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
TallTexan
I mean, I'm curious as to the conclusion of the investigation too, but what axe does KSLA have to grind?

The dude resigned and sure, if you get the FOIA request, write an article about it. Just seems out of the ordinary for a local news station typical coverage of sports.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

I mean, I'm curious as to the conclusion of the investigation too, but what axe does KSLA have to grind?

Yeah. Someone at that station might be trying for a Pulitzer Prize or something.
nacluth
People are spreading rumors locally, and my guess is KSLA got a whiff and think they might have something. Bad form though for a non-story. Digital age grist mill junk.
RedRiverLa
Ksla, like most news organizations is less about news and more about scanning for stories that fill the bill of tabloid items that justify their 'investigative' department/reporter. Hence, a three month old story being something they pick up on an otherwise slow news week. Additionally, because of our proximity to NSU, we are fed nightly sports stories about NSU football. My hunch is that that funnel alerted someone to the story and they are now just finding time to air it. Believe me, SFA gets no coverage here, so it just sensationalism because of the possible reasons (improper relationship) he resigned.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
UCABEARS75
So by Clint "resigning" does that mean findings will never be released?
UCABEARS75
So by Clint "resigning" does that mean findings will never be released?
nacluth
That seems to be the case as long as there was no legal action involved. I have not heard of any yet, so it appears that that is unlikely as well.
SFASawmillGuy
What happened is between the university and Clint. It 100% affected the season for SFA. Under Conque I think SFA is in a really good spot right now. But as it stands, here we are. And it may never be made public what happened. But we should look at the future.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.