1 Scrimmage

3,885 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?

SFAXE93

in the pictures

RB:#32 Jamall Shaw 5-11; 215 (Jr.) ** #178 RB; #40 OK
G:15;ATT:86;YDS:288;AVG:3.3;TD:1/REC:14;YDS:65;TD:0

WR:#22 Josh Thompson 5-10; 185 (R/Fr.) ***
G:0;REC:0;YDS:0;TD:0

WR:#9 Remi Simmons 5-11; 185 (So.)
G:0;REC:0;YDS:0;TD:0

DE:#91 Holland Malone 6-5; 220 (R/Fr.)
G:0;TKL:0;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;QBH:0

SFAJack_76

That is not a good play to showcase. Cornerback is about ten yards off and misses the tackle. The pass was nearly end over end and high.

Anybody have any real news about the scrimmage?
SFAXE93
http://sfajacks.com/news/2018/4/7/defense-shines-in-footballs-first-scrimmage-of-the-spring.aspx
BigJack85
At this stage it's the speed of release that's important and by my estimation Covey is a little quicker on the draw than anything we've seen in the past two seasons.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFA Jack Fanatic
Just based on Coach Conque's comments, it looks like the offensive line is going to be a problem again this year. We've seen that horror film before. Let's hope they get that fixed by the time the season gets here.
Jacks4460
SFAJack_76 said:

That is not a good play to showcase. Cornerback is about ten yards off and misses the tackle. The pass was nearly end over end and high.

Anybody have any real news about the scrimmage?

I am with 76
SFAXE93
Liking #7's quickness to the play, going to be a good one for us

LB:#7 Quin Jones 6-0; 232 (Jr.) ** #5 OLB JUCO
G:0;TKL:0;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;QBH:0

BigJack85
Looks like our offensive line is going to be patchwork again. No matter how good the quarterback play is we need to have an offensive line.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Ljacks&Longnecks
A little early to give up on the OLine guys......probably a few newcomers aren't even on campus yet. I'm gonna withhold judgement until Tarleton game since Miss St will be the usual FBS money game disaster....just hope we avoid injuries there.
MasterAxe
I'm going to make reckless speculation about one play from a scrimmage and apply it to the entire year.

Shotgun, single back. (Not surprising)
Run fake. (Won't work, cause we likely wont be able to run the ball with a bad O-line)
Three step/5-yard hitch/out rout...OMG, only seen this play 1,000,000 times.
Will work once, maybe twice, then A.) Get our receiver killed or B.) Get picked off.

I appreciate the video from the scrimmage, it gives a nice look into the practice...but please tell me we have some creativity on offense. Something.

Reckless Speculation over.
SFAJack_76
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.

(Frequently attributed to Einstein, but no proof that I can find.)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.