MBB @Duke (Travel and Tickets)

8,043 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PurpleOut
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Since their seems to be more than a few interested in this trip (several that have booked flights), thought I'd start a specific thread for all travel and ticket info and questions.

1. Tickets will not be available through our ticket office. I talked to the Duke ticket office the other day and the school only gets a small amount set aside for players/families, which is unfortunate compared to our other trips (Kentucky for example). But as we know, Duke has a small gym. So don't expect anything there.

2. The game is sold out. Plan on getting tickets from the secondary market.

3. For select Duke home games, the student section (across from team benches) is designated as a GA section. Our game happens to be one of those games. You can see them labeled/for sale here on StubHub. This will probably be the easiest/cheapest option right now. Here is their seating chart.

4. I expect there will be more tickets available closer to the game, when season ticket holders need to unload them. Again, being close to Thanksgiving, probably a good chance fans will be out of town. I've been to several places (UNC) where tickets are more available around the holidays. A Duke fan on a message board said "You can grab a ticket to any of these games outside cameron for 15 bucks a few mins after tip off." Probably a likely option, but also risky to get their without a ticket.

5. They do have a ticket exchange via the Iron Dukes (donor system), that will be live on October 1st. You can then create an account and "request" tickets to a game. If they are available they fulfill requests based on their donor system, but they told me anyone can create an account.

Please let me know if there are more questions that I can help with. I'm going and will get in there one way or another. And if you are for sure going, make sure you let us know and we can try to put something together before the game for drinks or whatever.
PurpleOut
Staff
I arrive the morning of the game, direct from Dallas. And will fly back the next day.

And I'm staying at the Washington Duke Inn, just around the corner from Cameron.
purpleballs
Wife and I bought game tickets in the GA section. Hope it's not too crazy. Didn't want to a chance on waiting for something before the game. Haven't booked flight or hotel yet. Been doing some research on when to find the best prices. Hopefully won't screw that up and wait too long.
PurpleOut
Staff
Awesome! I'd definitely plan on getting there early for those GA seats, remember again that it's the student section and that section extends well into the corner. Earlier the better for a decent view.

Great that you got them though! Hope to see some purple sprinkled around.
TallTexan
purpleballs said:

Wife and I bought game tickets in the GA section. Hope it's not too crazy. Didn't want to a chance on waiting for something before the game. Haven't booked flight or hotel yet. Been doing some research on when to find the best prices. Hopefully won't screw that up and wait too long.

I'd figure a hotel or AirBNB should be possible then. The triangle should have tons of them and I wouldn't guess it'd be so incredibly busy on that weekend.

Also, if you're staying more than a day, they got some great art & history museums in the area.
KirkHeath12
Just booked a flight for the game. A few of us college buddies are going. Have not got tickets yet. Think I am gonna wait till close to game day.
Class of 2012
Axe Em
PurpleOut
Staff
Nice! We should definitely have some sort of get together for SFA fans that will be in town before the game (after too maybe).
PurpleOut
Staff
PLF members will have a chance to purchase Duke tickets. I say chance because the tickets are limited and will start at the top of the donor grid where members can purchase a decent amount of tickets.

https://sfajacks.com/news/2019/10/1/sfa-announces-ticketing-procedure-for-non-conference-mens-basketball-game-at-duke.aspx

PurpleOut
Staff
Meant to update this, but we're almost towards the end of PLF donor window for tickets. So just as a reminder if you're still looking for tickets, there were some still available as of a little over a week ago.

Champion: 10/16 10/18 (Up to 10 tickets)
Axe: 10/21 10/23 (Up to 8 tickets)
Saw: 10/24 10/25 (Up to 6 tickets)
Boots: 10/28 10/29 (Up to 4 tickets)
Flannel: 10/30 10/31 (up to 2 tickets)

PurpleOut
Staff
KirkHeath12
Where is everyone buying their tickets for the game? Lots of the tickets online are not electronic transfer.
Class of 2012
Axe Em
PurpleOut
Staff
KirkHeath12 said:

Where is everyone buying their tickets for the game? Lots of the tickets online are not electronic transfer.
Are you a PLF member and tried that way? We had some left before they started the last donor window.
KirkHeath12
Had a buddy call up there and they were charging the face value plus an extra $50 dollars for tickets. Price came out be around $170.
Class of 2012
Axe Em
PurpleOut
Staff
KirkHeath12 said:

Had a buddy call up there and they were charging the face value plus an extra $50 dollars for tickets. Price came out be around $170.
I wonder what the $50 is for?

I know $170 sounds like a lot, but to be honest it's not terrible for a Duke game. Especially if that's in the section behind our bench, and sitting with SFA fans. StubHub does have some decent prices now, but they aren't quite as good of seats. But again, I think any seat for this game to see us play in Cameron is worth it.
KirkHeath12
Yea I agree. I just want to go. Don't matter where I sit so the cheaper the better.
Class of 2012
Axe Em
PurpleOut
Staff
Confirmed we're in Section 19. The problem (maybe not a real problem) is that Section 19 is one long section from baseline to baseline behind the benches. And everything I've read says that the rows are numbered from 1-108, and we have single digit numbers. Which means we'll be stuck in the corner angled behind the basket.

Quote:

To sit behind the Duke players and coaches, aim for seat numbers 73-92. If you're a fan of the visiting team, you may want to consider seats 23-42 where a number of other visiting fans and visiting player guests will be seated. Seats 1-22 and 93-108 are farthest to their respective side of the sideline and are technically behind the basket as opposed to on the sideline.

KirkHeath12
Got my ticket. Section 3 row k. Let's go Jacks! Got my purple already ready to wear.
Class of 2012
Axe Em
PurpleOut
Staff
KirkHeath12 said:

Got my ticket. Section 3 row k. Let's go Jacks! Got my purple already ready to wear.

Nice!

Let's find a bar somewhere before.
BigJack85
Awesome. Have a little support for our Jacks!!!
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
JeffDavis02
Will see y'all there! Definitely up for some beers before the game! Staying at team hotel
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/rducp-marriott-at-research-triangle-park/

Axe'Em!

PurpleOut
Staff
JeffDavis02 said:

Will see y'all there! Definitely up for some beers before the game! Staying at team hotel
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/rducp-marriott-at-research-triangle-park/

Axe'Em!

JEFF DAVIS!

I'm going to check around and see if there's a spot that would reserve some tables for us. I know there's going to be a pretty decent SFA contingent in town, with a late tip-off, we'll have a lot of time. But I also want to get to Cameron early.
JeffDavis02
Matt, Sounds like a plan!
PurpleOut
Staff
One more week!

PurpleOut
Staff
Should be some info posted/released today for a meetup before the game.
PurpleOut
Staff
Hey guys, there is an organized get together on Tuesday from 4-6 at Clouds Brewing in Durham.

Should see some more posts on social media soon, but wanted to give you guys a heads up so you can plan on joining! If you know someone that is going but isn't on here/Twitter make sure you let them know.
PurpleOut
Staff
PurpleOut
Staff
In case you were wondering, this is an official get-together that the alumni association set up.

purpleballs
Anyone know what time the doors open? I'm in th general admission and would prefer not to sit in corner.
PurpleOut
Staff
purpleballs said:

Anyone know what time the doors open? I'm in th general admission and would prefer not to sit in corner.
I'm honestly not positive. A lot of conflicting/non-clear info on their site. Their Game Day Guide says the museum re-opens 2 hours before tip-off, their Champions Club 90 minutes before tip-off, and direct entrance into the stadium 1 hour prior to tip-off.

Quote:

McClendon Plaza, the Duke Basketball Museum and Athletics Hall of Fame (featuring Club Blue Devil), and Scharf Hall screening areas will open two (2) hours prior to tip-off to encourage ticketed guests to arrive early and enjoy these game day experiences. The Champions Club Entrance at Rubenstein Pavilion will open 90 minutes prior to tip-off. Guests can enter directly into Cameron Indoor Stadium one (1) hour prior to tip-off from these areas and no additional screening is required.

To me that means you can get into the attached museum 2 hours before, but not into the actual seating until 1 hour before. They also say visiting team player/guest Will Call doesn't open until 1 hour before tip-off. So I don't know really.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.