FB: Baylor Tailgate

3,921 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BigJack85
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Who all is coming here? I'm upgrading my percentages of coming to 80/20.

As mentioned in the other thread, the alumni association will be having their normal tailgate, but I'll also bring my tent and some stuff and hopefully set up near them. Everyone is always welcome to join me, if you're coming and have a tent...bring it and set up a big tailgate.
HitSomeBody
We will be there. Do you know what time the tailgate starts. We probably will not be able to get to Waco until lunch time. We have high school football to contend with the night before.
Axe'Em Jacks
cboothe09
I'll be there. Thought about bringing my kayaks and hanging out on the water pregame, but I'll probably bring the camper and tent to tailgate before the game.
BigJack85
I'm guessing that Baylor DOES NOT allow alchohol.

Is this correct?

Axe 'Em Jacks
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
PurpleOut
Staff
Waiting on he details for the alumni tailgate, they normally don't start until 3-4 hours before kickoff. I plan on getting there well before then.

You can drink. You just have to follow the normal rules of "no glass, no bottles in the open, etc."
SFAJack_76
This is the 2018 Baylor fan guide. 2019 not posted yet.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/baylorbears.com/documents/2018/8/8/2018_Football_Fan_Guide.pdf
PurpleOut
Staff
Getting some info together from two different tailgate options via Baylor. I contacted Baylor's "fan engagement" team today, and they have no free tailgate options (and really no free parking that is very close). Everything that I've seen thus far only has reserved passes for the entire season, so I reached out:

1. Through Baylor themselves, they have $50 per spot options in a particular lot. Seems to the only lot through the actual school that has individual game passes. Waiting to get the info back with the details.

2. Through Brazos Parking (brazosparking.com), they have a lot pretty close to the stadium and have individual tailgate spots for $125, large enough for one car and one tent...BUT includes electrical hook up and a cable tv hook up. Which is pretty cool to even have that as option, to me at least. But they're pretty close together.

Depending on where the $50 lot is, I think if we could find anyone coming that would want to join...that it'd be a good idea to buy several together so we aren't surrounded by Baylor folk.
PurpleOut
Staff
Good picture of their tailgate spots in relation to the stadium. Bottom lot is where the $125 spots are. The building on the top right is their Law building, the $50 spots are in a lot right behind that. Ferrell Center is top left, I'd be ok with that...just kind of shocking at the limited amount of options they have for tailgate AND just general parking.

TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Good picture of their tailgate spots in relation to the stadium. Bottom lot is where the $125 spots are. The building on the top right is their Law building, the $50 spots are in a lot right behind that. Ferrell Center is top left, I'd be ok with that...just kind of shocking at the limited amount of options they have for tailgate AND just general parking.

They didn't want to have to pay too much for parking lots in case they have to start tarping the stadium again.
cboothe09
I'm almost for invading George's and then catching a Uber to the stadium...
PurpleOut
Staff
cboothe09 said:

I'm almost for invading George's and then catching a Uber to the stadium...

The lot that has the $125 spots, is actually George's. They have a huge setup for food/drinks/TVs. You can kind of see it all in the last pic (I'll post more of it later). Obviously it's outside and not inside, but it's the same stuff.

If we can't get enough people to get several of the cheaper spots, I'd be ok getting one spot there and bring a tv to have in the back of the car.
PurpleOut
Staff
I think I may bow out now for this, several different reasons.
BigJack85
I wish I could commit for this one. I have several conflicts. Additionally I will probably make 2-3 Nacogdoches games along with BOTPW. That's 4 weekends tied up.....
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.