Tarleton Football tailgate

10,805 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TheRevSFA
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Not much else going on, might as well have an off-season thread to plan a tailgate.

Seems like several are interested in having a tailgate together. I initially thought the ACU game for Parent's Day would be good, but that's birthday weekend for both of my kids. Tarleton doesn't do much for me game wise, but I'd be ok with that as the home opener. UCA on 10/13 too.
Jacks4460
PurpleOut said:

Not much else going on, might as well have an off-season thread to plan a tailgate.

Seems like several are interested in having a tailgate together. I initially thought the ACU game for Parent's Day would be good, but that's birthday weekend for both of my kids. Tarleton doesn't do much for me game wise, but I'd be ok with that as the home opener. UCA on 10/13 to
I say the home opener is a good one...Is anyone on here in one of those RV's that always do a tailgating party?
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

PurpleOut said:

Seems like several are interested in having a tailgate together. I initially thought the ACU game for Parent's Day would be good, but that's birthday weekend for both of my kids. Tarleton doesn't do much for me game wise, but I'd be ok with that as the home opener. UCA on 10/13 to
I say the home opener is a good one...Is anyone on here in one of those RV's that always do a tailgating party?

The September 8 home opener works for me. I'll be cruising a couple of times later in September and in October, so that knocks out some other options for me.
BigJack85
Right now I'm doing the home opener because,,,, if we struggle against Tarleton it might be time to check out.... LOL
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
TheRevSFA
I might be able to do the home opener

I'm going to Fargo the weekend before to see some NDSU buddies and watch the banner raising. Should be cool

I'd like to do the UCA game because late October in Nac Is gorgeous
TallTexan
TheRevSFA said:

I might be able to do the home opener

I'm going to Fargo the weekend before to see some NDSU buddies and watch the banner raising. Should be cool

I'd like to do the UCA game because late October in Nac Is gorgeous
We'll need you to shanghai at least 5 players and a coach & smuggle them back to Nac.
TheRevSFA
Any traction on this?
BigJack85
I'll probably be there. If just for the Rev.
TheRevSFA
BigJack85 said:

I'll probably be there. If just for the Rev.

It's reason enough.

I just booked our room. We will be there sept 8
PurpleOut
Staff
I'll be coming first weekend probably, good friend won an Alumni award. So assuming that ceremony is for opening weekend again. Not sure on the rest of the year yet.
PurpleOut
Staff
Hey guys, sorry been busy with the move so haven't been on here much.

We should start thinking about getting this tailgate organized soon. September will be here before we know it.
TheRevSFA
Myself, mrs rev and mini rev will be there

Plus some others.
PurpleOut
Staff
Booked for 9/7-9/9 at the Hampton Inn. Fredonia was already sold out, FYI.
PurpleOut
Staff
FYI, Academy has purple 10x10 canopies for $40.
PurpleOut
Staff
Let's get this going more. we're almost 4 weeks out.

Who all is planning on joining us for the tailgate? Everyone is welcome to stop by any time for a beer, but would be good to try to start getting a headcount, as far as who plans on actually setting up with us (in terms of equipment, food, etc needed).
nacluth
I doubt that I will tailgate since I'll probably have three little girls in tow, but I'll try to swing by and shake some hands at some point.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

I doubt that I will tailgate since I'll probably have three little girls in tow, but I'll try to swing by and shake some hands at some point.
Sounds good. Definitely bring them by, meant to mention that it will be family friendly. I'll have my two kids there later in the day and for the game. I know Rev will have his daughter there too.
PurpleOut
Staff
Here was our setup the last time we all were tailgating together (I rented the large tent for that day, but we'll have several other smaller tents this time). We're again right across from the Alumni tailgate on Hayter (corner of Raguet)

BigJack85
Mine is the two tents left of Lumberjackfans.com
PurpleOut
Staff
BigJack85 said:

Mine is the two tents left of Lumberjackfans.com
When I use we/our, I was including you.
PurpleOut
Staff
Some the same, nice tailgating tents at Walmart.

PurpleOut
Staff
Moving on.

Calling for rain right now for this weekend, be prepared.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

Moving on.

Calling for rain right now for this weekend, be prepared.
I'm planning to be there, rain or shine. I'm not much of a tailgater, but I'll stop by for a while. Looking forward to meeting some of the regular Sawmillers.
TheRevSFA
Rev, mrs rev and mini rev are rolling in Friday night.

Haven't been back to Nac in two years. Looking forward to it
PurpleOut
Staff
90% chance of thunderstorms now throughout the day.

nacluth
Yeah, looks like a wet one. When I was running yesterday, I saw them setting up the Alumni corner. What time are you expecting to start tailgating (if weather permits)?
PurpleOut
Staff
Probably will have the tents set up in the morning, and was planning to be out there for good around 11 or so. But if it's really raining...all day...I don't really know. I'm sure my family won't stay out there. As long as it's not flooding, which it's been known to do when we're tailgating, I don't mind sitting under a tent and having a few drinks.
TheRevSFA
As of right now it looks like the heaviest rain chances are In the afternoon.

I bet we get some rain. I'm just hoping we don't have another UCA rain event
nacluth
How's it going out there? Stopped by on my run to see The Rev. Do you have a good group or has the rain kept people away?
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
PurpleOut
Staff
Hey Ryan, sorry I must have missed you out there. Thought we had a great tailgate, not a lot of others out there in general, which I think was directly due to the weather forecast. We packed up and went to dinner when I looked at the radar during the delay.
nacluth
Yeah Matt, I saw you as you were driving away from dropping off your stuff. I had planned on coming back with the family later, but I couldn't convince them to get outside in the rain. I was going to come up for the game, but maybe next time. Hope you had fun while you were here.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Yeah Matt, I saw you as you were driving away from dropping off your stuff. I had planned on coming back with the family later, but I couldn't convince them to get outside in the rain. I was going to come up for the game, but maybe next time. Hope you had fun while you were here.
I stopped by for a few minutes. Met the Rev.
TheRevSFA
It was an absolute pleasure meeting y'all
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.