NBA 2019-2020

2,729 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PurpleOut
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wow...
https://myfox8.com/2020/01/26/kobe-bryant-dies-in-helicopter-crash-tmz-reports/
TallTexan
Just absolutely shocking.
Pilotgirl
And his daughter too
BigJack85
Horrible. Just horrible.
nacluth
Tragic. Watched the Lakers game stoppage last night with Kobe there.
SFAJack_76
Gut wrenching. For all involved and their families. Stunned.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
Can't believe the NBA is still playing these games.
No-look
TallTexan said:

Can't believe the NBA is still playing these games.
Dollars. Sad day for sports and families.
SFA Jack Fanatic

While it's very sad that basketball player Kobe Bryant and the others were tragically lost in a chopper crash, here's putting things in proper perspective...

The two members of our military who were killed in Afghanistan last week were:

Staff Sgt. Ian P. McLaughlin, 29, from Newport News, Va.

Pfc. Miguel Villalon, 21, from Joilet, IL.
cboothe09
Didn't particularly care for him as a player early in his career, but grew to respect his game. He will go down as one of the best to have ever dribbled a ball.

That isn't what hits me the hardest here. It was the family man he became after retirement. The father he was to those four girls. Those girls were his world, and to lose one of those girls in the crash makes this so much more tragic. Prayers to his wife and those three girls. I cannot imagine the pain of losing your father/husband and daughter/sister in the blink of an eye like that.

Same prayers go out to the families and loved ones of the others on that flight. So sad...
PurpleOut
Staff
cboothe09 said:

Didn't particularly care for him as a player early in his career, but grew to respect his game. He will go down as one of the best to have ever dribbled a ball.

That isn't what hits me the hardest here. It was the family man he became after retirement. The father he was to those four girls. Those girls were his world, and to lose one of those girls in the crash makes this so much more tragic. Prayers to his wife and those three girls. I cannot imagine the pain of losing your father/husband and daughter/sister in the blink of an eye like that.

Same prayers go out to the families and loved ones of the others on that flight. So sad...
Agreed. He made a good amount of mistakes and bad decisions early in his career, all stuff any of us could have done at that age with that much fame/money. But Kobe was special in that he was the perfect example of a how a person can grow and change.

The family stuff is just gut wrenching. He was doing everything right after retirement, helping kids, writing kids books, creating inspirational films. I never got to see him play unfortunately, but his era was THE era of NBA for me. I was lucky enough to get to listen to speak at a convention 2 years ago, and it was just amazing to listen to he. Extremely intelligent. Just a sad moment, and I can't get on social media much because it just makes my stomach hurt to see the videos and pics of him and his daughter.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.