UNO

4,855 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by nacluth
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Southland champs after the OT win. Congrats to the first timers
INiedrauer
Staff
Honestly I'm sad for Rashawn. I hated watching him play against us, but he's such a gracious, smart, articulate guy.

But kudos to UNO and mad props. They got an easy schedule but proved they were no fluke tonight.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

sfa17
CBS jerry palm has UNO at 14 but Lunardi has them at a 16 play in game. I think they can get 15 or 16 no play in maybe. A lot big mid major teams have lost
PurpleOut
Staff
It'll be close, lot of teams that could be in the 4 play in slots. I think UNO is better than a few of them, but our conference RPI is bad.

I would put them in as a 15. My first four in Dayton would be UC Davis, NC Central, Mount St. Marys and SD State.
sfa17
Man Uno gets a 16 seed play in game with a conference title and championship. Southland loses are killer. But 9-7 4th in ovc Jacksonville states gets 15

Pretty much validates that southland was bottom two conference this year.

No wonder we got a 14 seed last year with one conference lost. Lol "southland strong"
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

Man Uno gets a 16 seed play in game with a conference title and championship. Southland loses are killer. But 9-7 4th in ovc Jacksonville states gets 15

Pretty much validates that southland was bottom two conference this year.

No wonder we got a 14 seed last year with one conference lost. Lol "southland strong"
Well, look at it this way. That's the only way they could possibly get a win in the Big Dance, even if it's only an ugly stepchild of the Big Dance.
nacluth
I don't know, I think UNO might match up good against Villanova.

Mount Saint Mary's will be a tough ask. League champs that win one bid leagues should have an advantage over non-regular season winners that take one bid tourneys. Oh well.
sfa17
i will be surprised if uno is within 15 by half against nova
TheRevSFA
Jax State, UNO and MSM were literally next to each other in RPI rankings.

I don't think any conference autobid should be at 16 play in game. I think play in games should only go to at-large bids and that's one of the things (amongst many things) that the NCAA gets wrong yearly.
sfa17
Southland goes one and done. Uno just chocked
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

Southland goes one and done. Uno just chocked
Well, at least they won't get embarrassed on national TV against Nova.

A 16 seed losing to another 16 seed. Shows again just how weak the SLC was this year. (I'm thinking that there are those in the SLC offices who are hoping for the return of SFA to prominence next year.)
INiedrauer
Staff
My mind is still blown that Sless didn't foul on that last defensive possession. Crazy bad call.
sfa17
He got caught up in the bright lights
sfa17
They can't have it both ways. If they won " u would have said at least they won a tournament game"
PurpleOut
Staff
Really bad look for the conference. The fighting and the coaching blunder at the end. Which is too bad, that's not really who they are.
INiedrauer
Staff
I'm genuinely happy for UNO this season. I'm sad that the world had to see that side of them tonight. Travin Thibodeaux is a young player and will learn from it. UNO's program (and I don't mean basketball ability) was better than they looked tonight.
PurpleOut
Staff
Thibodeaux is a junior, about to be a senior, he should have been able to control himself.

He issued a letter of apology today:

nacluth
Unfortunate, but if it really was one of the biggest mistakes of his life, all told he's doing pretty good. I actually have been rooting for their team all year - just not against us. I don't think in retrospect his actions will hurt what the team has done, but if you make bleacher report first for choking a teammate - no good. This morning though, BR had his monster dunk as one of the highlights of last night. So hopefully the narrative is already changing.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.