2024 WAC SOFTBALL

250 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by BigJack85
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No surprise, as Grand Canyon is the 2024 preseason pick to win the WAC.

https://wacsports.com/news/2024/1/31/grand-canyon-chosen-as-2024-wac-softball-preseason-favorite.aspx

WAC Softball Preseason Coaches Poll
Rank Team (1st- Place Votes) Points

1. Grand Canyon (8) 80
2. Utah Tech (1) 69
3. Seattle U (1) 66
4. Stephen F. Austin 53
5. Tarleton State 50
6. California Baptist 40
7. UT Arlington 32
Utah Valley 32
9. Abilene Christian 19
10 Southern Utah 9
BigJack85
SFAXE93 said:

No surprise, as Grand Canyon is the 2024 preseason pick to win the WAC.

https://wacsports.com/news/2024/1/31/grand-canyon-chosen-as-2024-wac-softball-preseason-favorite.aspx

WAC Softball Preseason Coaches Poll
Rank Team (1st- Place Votes) Points

1. Grand Canyon (8) 80
2. Utah Tech (1) 69
3. Seattle U (1) 66
4. Stephen F. Austin 53
5. Tarleton State 50
6. California Baptist 40
7. UT Arlington 32
Utah Valley 32
9. Abilene Christian 19
10 Southern Utah 9

Let's see how the pitching staff goes. Transfer from NM St could have impact. If we can have 3 solid starters……. Maybe we challenge GCU.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I think the Ladyjacks can make some noise in the WAC. Can they win the conference? Maybe not, but stranger things have happened. They seem to have the hitters. But as alluded, the pitching will be the key.

And I agree with the comment about the transfer from New Mexico State. Former JUCO All-American pitcher.
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I think the Ladyjacks can make some noise in the WAC. Can they win the conference? Maybe not, but stranger things have happened. They seem to have the hitters. But as alluded, the pitching will be the key.

And I agree with the comment about the transfer from New Mexico State. Former JUCO All-American pitcher.

If my recollection is on target, we seem to have run with 2 pitchers predominantly, over the past few years.

With a 3rd potential starter , we should have some upside. As mentioned earlier, the hitting should fall into place.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.