Wade Mason

1,632 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Pilotgirl
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Coach Mason has been suspended for an investigation of an altercation in the locker room with another member of the UGA staff.

Looks like it was with a player development guy, who apparently has a history of bullying the players (when he's not a coach) and Wade stepped up to him defending a kid. Also just looking through Twitter, seems he has a lot of support and UGA fans are pretty upset with the decision to suspend him while NOT suspending the other staffer.

I'm sure more will come out, but not a good look for HC Tom Crean.
nacluth
Yeah reading between the lines, it sounds like Mason may have been the one to take it from verbal to physical and that led to the suspension. However, it's clear no one seems to care much for the player development guy.
Pilotgirl
Wade's not gonna stand by and let someone who isn't a coach, bully & say inappropriate comments to his players. That other guy seems like a pile of poo (based on Twitter posts and videos).
Pilotgirl
And let me clarify further...a coach shouldn't bully or call players inappropriate names.
KirkHeath12
https://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-bulldogs/assistant-coach-wade-mason-parts-ways-with-georgia-after-suspension/2E6FD6KKSZHFZAX5GU446WS5PI/

He is parting with UGA
Class of 2012
Axe Em
cboothe09
Can we bring him back????
PurpleOut
Staff
That sucks, that was a great opportunity for him and I hope he gets another big chance quick.
Pilotgirl
cboothe09 said:

Can we bring him back????

For real! I'll take him back on our staff yesterday!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.