Nutrition Center (Lamar)

2,928 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Cat Herder
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://lamarcardinals.com/news/2019/1/14/general-lu-opens-market-basket-nutrition-center.aspx
TallTexan
That is awwesome and exactly what we need. Seems like we could do something similar with a sponsorship from Brookshire Brothers, HEB, or Brookshires.

I know Brooskhires and HEB aren't necessarily native to Nac, but they're Texas brands so it may work.
PurpleOut
Staff
Especially Brookshire Brothers, since they are predominantly East Texas.

Curious how (or why) Lamar has been working with Market Basket. Don't think I have heard of them so I looked them up and they are smaller than Brookshire Brothers and are all in the New England area. Good for them obviously, just seems odd.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

Curious how (or why) Lamar has been working with Market Basket. Don't think I have heard of them so I looked them up and they are smaller than Brookshire Brothers and are all in the New England area. Good for them obviously, just seems odd.
There are many Market Basket grocery stores all over the Golden Triangle area. They have been sponsors of Lamar athletics for a very long time. The one in New England has to be a different outfit.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Same name, different company. Not uncommon in the grocery industry.

I did the same thing this morning when I googled Market basket.
PurpleOut
Staff
That makes sense.
Cat Herder
Awesome concept. I suspect we will have something similar in place soon.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.