Football Attendance

7,673 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Jacks4460
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You think we've got attendance issues?? At Rice's game against Prairie View on Saturday, there were 2,005 fannies in the stands. Rice Stadium has a capacity of 47,000, expandable to 70,000.
Jacks4460
edstile said:

You think we've got attendance issues?? At Rice's game against Prairie View on Saturday, there were 2,005 fannies in the stands. Rice Stadium has a capacity of 47,000, expandable to 70,000.
Rice almost lost too...
TallTexan
Any bets on average attendance for this year for SFA? Looks like we reported around 11,300 last year. I think we'll be slightly better on the field this year(hopefully), so I'd guess we're going to hit 12k for the season.
SFASawmillGuy
I complain about our attendance solely because I hate seeing empty seats. Reality is we still have the best fans and probably the best game day experience in the SLC. Around the rest of the fcs, nah. NDSU and Montana turns into downtown Austin on game day, but for the slc, we do pretty good.
BigJack85
SFA_03 said:

I complain about our attendance solely because I hate seeing empty seats. Reality is we still have the best fans and probably the best game day experience in the SLC. Around the rest of the fcs, nah. NDSU and Montana turns into downtown Austin on game day, but for the slc, we do pretty good.
03 . I agree with you. No one in the SLC holds a candle to us except McNeese. Sammie will have one good game day attendance and that's BOTPW.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAXE93
As good as our attendance is with losing, makes you wonder what it would be if we started winning.

Maybe 14K?
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
nacluth
One of my goals this year is to take survey pics of the stadium and see what percentage of the stated attendance is actually present.
SFA Jack Fanatic
One thing that really hacks me off is students going to the tailgates then leaving without going to the games. That really chaps me!
TallTexan
nacluth said:

One of my goals this year is to take survey pics of the stadium and see what percentage of the stated attendance is actually present.

I'd love to see this come to fruition. My bet would be around 60-70% of stayed attendance.

I'd also be curious to know what percentage is students, but we'd have to likely get the number of ID swipes from Ivey to see that.

Between Nacogdoches & Lufkin and current students, we ought to be able to be able to get 15k butts in seats for each and every game. I want to see it packed like it was for Longview vs Lufkin in the playoffs.
SFASawmillGuy
TallTexan said:

nacluth said:

I'd love to see this come to fruition. My bet would be around 60-70% of stayed attendance.

I'd also be curious to know what percentage is students, but we'd have to likely get the number of ID swipes from Ivey to see that.

Between Nacogdoches & Lufkin and current students, we ought to be able to be able to get 15k butts in seats for each and every game. I want to see it packed like it was for Longview vs Lufkin in the playoffs.

Unfortunately due to Jack Charge you can't get a lot of the students, since they don't need to swipe or show an ID to get in.
TallTexan
SFA_03 said:

We do pretty good for the SLC, but I'm totally with you on wanting to do better. I hope that will be part of Ivey's plan for improvements. We should expect our stadium to be mostly full for home games and should figure out a plan to fill it up.

That would make a huge difference in recruiting players if they saw that we're the best FCS crowd in the ArkLaTex region.
TallTexan
This is really, really good. Thought you guys would enjoy.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/college-footballs-growing-problem-empty-seats-1535634001
nacluth
Behind a paywall for me. Just the blurb sounds about right though.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Behind a paywall for me. Just the blurb sounds about right though.

Hmm, I didn't hit the paywall on mobile though I usually do. Try an incognito tab and you should be able to give it a read.
nacluth
I'll try the incognito. Someone (they know who they are) sends me a fair amount of WSJ articles to read so I max out their free reads.
TallTexan
I regularly run out of free articles on several publications. Wish they had a netflix type solution, because I'm not paying 7.99 a month for every publication I read a few times a month.
TallTexan
TallTexan

Houston VS Rice at Rice.

That's embarrassing for both fanbases.
Pilotgirl
Wow. Where is everyone??!
SFASawmillGuy
Pilotgirl said:

Wow. Where is everyone??!

At lucky's Pub on st. Emmanuel to watch SFA beat Mississipi state probably.
SFAXE93
We drew over 54,000 for our first game, so what's the problem?
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
TallTexan
SFAXE93 said:

We drew over 54,000 for our first game, so what's the problem?

We're concerned about where they're all going to sit on Saturday.
TallTexan
SFASawmillGuy
TallTexan said:

Our home opener will be parents weekend. So like, 12-14k. Lol
TallTexan
I'm curious what we'd have pulled in last night if we'd have played.
BigJack85
I was tailgating. Probably 9000-10500
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Jacks4460
I thought 10K.. I was there all day...it was fixing to be nice until 6pm came.. good vibe..
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.