UT Money

2,358 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TallTexan
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?

$175 million just for a section of a stadium.

Imagine what SFA could do with $175 million. A new football and baseball facility and more with that kind of dough.
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
BigJack85
I'm buying my lottery ticket tomorrow.............................
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
TallTexan
SFAXE93 said:

$175 million just for a section of a stadium.

Imagine what SFA could do with $175 million. A new football and baseball facility and more with that kind of dough.
And he's already raised $80 million for it too.

Imagine what SFA could do with that academically? We could change the entire framework of our university for that price & still have some left over for awesome facility updates.

Projects like this & A&M's nearly 500 million stadium have convinced me that we should open the Permanent University Fund to all Texas public colleges. If you can raise 75 million in hours to hire a football coach, you ought to be fine raising some for additional buildings on your campus without a specialized fund for the top 2 university systems.

For the record, SFA is supposed to be launching a major fundraising campaign soon, I believe the goal is to raise 100 million for the 100th anniversary in 2023. That represents 50-75 million in new money.

That will be an awesome amount for SFA, but pales in comparison to the amount of money our larger state schools have access to on demand from their donors.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.