Southland Recruiting

7,582 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by cboothe09
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks like SFA is having a great recruiting year. Any word on The rest of the conference? Anyone landing any major players?
sfa17
The only other team that has gotten a good recruit is HBU. They got a *** Sf David Caraher a former butler commit.
No-look
Didn't HBU lose most of their scoring this year? They had a solid team.
sfa17
yep. they lost 5 seniors. but u just asked about any good recruits and hbu's single player was the only one i know of.

24/7 has our class at 86 in the nation but that only includes *** Stefon and *** mack. we are up from 110 last year
cboothe09
According to the Texas Hoops top 100, we have the highest recruit (Mack) in state. Sam has one or two in the top 50. AMCC has twin brothers from the school i teach at that are Texas top 100.
TallTexan
cboothe09 said:

According to the Texas Hoops top 100, we have the highest recruit (Mack) in state. Sam has one or two in the top 50. AMCC has twin brothers from the school i teach at that are Texas top 100.
As a covert agent strategically placed in Texas schools, fulfill your assignment and make sure they don't commit to AMCC, make them go the JUCO route.
cboothe09
Haha. I mess with them all the time about it. One is significantly better than the other, passed on some bigger scholarships to stay close to home and play with his brother.
No-look
Saw where NSU just signed a four star player today.
PurpleOut
Staff
Yep, initially played at Iowa. NSU is going to be a toss up next year, they lost basically the entire team, but have now an 8-person recruiting class + get West back (so it seems).
sfa17
3/4 star transfer Brandon Hutton

Good for them and they get Jalen back. Don't mind competing (as long as we win )They might be okay.
No-look
Looks like Nicholls is loading up.
PurpleOut
Staff
Eh, maybe. Maybe not. Probably talented kids, but there's probably a reason they're averaging under a point a game and not getting better offers.
No-look
Other than the Jacks, who had the best recruiting class for the upcoming season? Who should be the top four teams this year ?
PurpleOut
Staff
Hard to gauge since most SLC recruits aren't ranked, unless you've seen them play. NWST has a really big class and got a good transfer. HBU got a decommit from Butler, not sure if he signed. UNO got a pretty solid transfer as well, but lost almost all of their team from last year. Incarnate Word also got a pretty good big man.

All off the top of my head right now.
No-look
Any new Southland recruiting news from any of the other teams for this year? Any Commits for next year?
SFAXE93

C: Konstantin Kulikov 7-0; 235 San Jacinto/Oryol, Russia signs with Incarnate Word
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
sfa17

Imagine if he went to UNO. Uno and Kansas don't belong in the same sentence
TallTexan
sfa17 said:

Imagine if he went to UNO. Uno and Kansas don't belong in the same sentence
What in the world?

We should make the same pitch, except we should emphasize that with UNO he'll be able to play at home, always at home, but never in March.
cboothe09
Robinson has notified UNO he will not be joining their program. Instead he told the program he will spend the next nine months preparing for the draft. Hasn't been in contact with Kansas for reportedly a week. Wish the kid well, but have to question the thought process here...
TallTexan
cboothe09 said:

Robinson has notified UNO he will not be joining their program. Instead he told the program he will spend the next nine months preparing for the draft. Hasn't been in contact with Kansas for reportedly a week. Wish the kid well, but have to question the thought process here...
I'd imagine the general consensus is that he's not going to get a waiver. And now he can start working with an agent, which he'd be precluded from doing if he joined a college team. Interested to see how this works out though.
PurpleOut
Staff
I hate this. And in my opinion sets the tone for future kids that act like this. Just sign with a school, leave before the semester starts, get ready for NBA draft (or go overseas).
cboothe09
Even then, he could go over to Europe, and make a little money and more importantly keep playing competitive basketball. How is a pickup game at the Y going to be better for his professional development than at least going to Europe instead of college (Gross exaggeration I know, but all of the talented players that would test him are playing in the NBA, NCAA, or Europe).

Dude was pegged to be the 13th overall pick. Interested to see where he ends up going in the draft...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.