2019 Track and Field Recruiting

13,192 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Finished fourth in the 2018 NJCAA outdoor championships in spite of no heighting in the pole vault. Imagine what he can do when our pole vault coaches get him!

TallTexan
That is awesome.

I have a couple dreams for SFA sports. A Final 4, a football natty, and an Olympic medalist in a big time sport.

Love to see our track and field do well.
SFAJack_76
Both Parker Jones and Michael Urbina are coming from lower classification schools, 2a and 3a, but with state level success.

SFAJack_76
Don't know if anyone picked up this 2019 addition to Pole Vault U.

https://www.mysoutex.com/refugio_county_press/news/hall-vaults-her-way-to-stephen-f-austin-university/article_dc208702-f413-11e8-b9b6-67d373919506.html
TallTexan
I've got to agree with Skylar.

"'I love it here, it feels like home."

SFAJack_76
Last year As a junior, won 4A state championship in the shot, and silver in discus.
SFAJack_76
This is interesting, but I really like the salty comment from our 2019 signee. Skylar is clearly very competitive.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Will be competing in the triple jump at the 6A state meet this Saturday. She won regional with a leap of 40' 6 1/2". SFA school record, which was set in 2003, is 42' 6 3/4".

https://www.wacotrib.com/sports/high_schools/central_texas_track_and_field/waco-high-s-warren-ready-for-the-next-big-jump/article_5cb90fe8-d8b8-5c99-a951-d4c8aec16f10.html
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Will be competing in the triple jump at the 6A state meet this Saturday. She won regional with a leap of 40' 6 1/2". SFA school record, which was set in 2003, is 42' 6 3/4".

https://www.wacotrib.com/sports/high_schools/central_texas_track_and_field/waco-high-s-warren-ready-for-the-next-big-jump/article_5cb90fe8-d8b8-5c99-a951-d4c8aec16f10.html

An excellent signing! Sounds like she's just barely scratched the surface in the triple. Thanks for posting, 76.
SFAJack_76
Jumps have not been a strength. Long, triple, and high. She should contribute points right away. And yes, sounds like she is just getting started.
SFAJack_76
She will be at PVU in the fall.
No-look

Kid can fly! Houston boy breaks world record.
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Kid can fly! Houston boy breaks world record.

Been talking about him for a while over on the General Discussion/High School Sports thread. He has signed with Georgia.
SFAJack_76
Jumps will be improved.

Competing in the 800 and 300 hurdles this evening.

She is really, really good.

https://libertywingspan.com/34799/sports/aiming-high-kabongo-reaches-new-heights/
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Jumps will be improved.

Competing in the 800 and 300 hurdles this evening.

She is really, really good.

https://libertywingspan.com/34799/sports/aiming-high-kabongo-reaches-new-heights/
The article stated that she set the national high jump record at 5'10". Actually, not close. The record is 6'4 1/2". Maybe the writer meant she held the best height in the nation for this year at that time.

But 5'10" is not too shabby! And a multi-sport athlete. Wonder if they'll put her in the pentathlon.
SFAJack_76
I saw that misstatement about the record. You are probably right about the intent.

I would be surprised if she doesn't make the move to pentathlon/Heptathlon at some point.

She finished third in the 800, and second in the 300 hurdles.
SFAJack_76

SFAJack_76
Coached by her dad. Will be doing this at SFA next year.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Coached by her dad. Will be doing this at SFA next year.

Looks like she cleared it by at least 8". Another Pole Vault U. recruit.
SFAJack_76
Here it is.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
We gotta stop recruiting athletes with better guns than I got. I need to hire a trainer so I can fire him for letting all these kids pass me up.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

We gotta stop recruiting athletes with better guns than I got. I need to hire a trainer so I can fire him for letting all these kids pass me up.

Not to worry. You've got 'em beat on stomach size, Texan.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

TallTexan said:

That's what concerns me, I'm obviously superior in some metrics, but the SFA coaching staff never calls me with an offer, so I figure I need to work on my stomach to gun ratio. After all, it's nearly bikini season and I want to look my best in my new two-piece.
No-look
TallTexan said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

TallTexan said:

That's what concerns me, I'm obviously superior in some metrics, but the SFA coaching staff never calls me with an offer, so I figure I need to work on my stomach to gun ratio. After all, it's nearly bikini season and I want to look my best in my new two-piece.
Lol Texan, they haven't contacted me either. Maybe they think we would play like we coach here on the forum?
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76

SFA Jack Fanatic
The Hylton signing is huge!
SFAJack_76
Two time state champion headed to Pole Vault U.
SFAJack_76
Darian Sankey.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Event?
TallTexan
Searched it & it looks like he's a sprinter, if I found the right guy.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.