2019 Ladyjack Basketball Commits

10,377 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Zya Nugent. 5'7" PG from Denison. District 5-5A MVP and TABC All State. Averaged 25.5 ppg and 7.1 rpg as a junior. Sophomore stats were similar. Huge pick up.

nacluth
Wow! Great get for the Ladyjacks!
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Zya Nugent. 5'7" PG from Denison. District 5-5A MVP and TABC All State. Averaged 25.5 ppg and 7.1 rpg as a junior. Sophomore stats were similar. Huge pick up.

25 ppg along with 7 rpg is not a combination that you see very often. A great get! The SFA Ladyjack coaches are doing a tremendous job of recruiting nationally and internationally! I'm really excited for what the ladies will accomplish over the next several years!
Pilotgirl
I saw this on Twitter...how awesome!! Super excited for LadyJacks!
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Noelle Yancy 2019 5-9 Point Guard North Texas Lights Out Elite Big, strong pointGood handles, passerSize helps her be an effective floor generalUnderstands pace and spacingPressure doesn't bother herWill take the three but room is there to grow from beyond the arc.

SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Noelle Yancy 2019 5-9 Point Guard North Texas Lights Out Elite Big, strong pointGood handles, passerSize helps her be an effective floor generalUnderstands pace and spacingPressure doesn't bother herWill take the three but room is there to grow from beyond the arc.

Averaged 16.2 ppg, 4.0 apg, 3.5 rpg, and 1.9 spg as a Jr. at Richardson HS. They got themselves another good one.
nacluth
Nice to see some depth at point coming.
SFAJack_76
Another good looking guard.

Mikayla Hutchinson 2019 5-9 Guard Mansfield Timberview Has some sizeFluid and mobileCan develop her own optionsGets up and down the floorRises off the floor on her shotGood body controlNeeds to leave the last play behind

Mikayla Hutchinson (PBR Team Lex Platinum) is a rising prospect in the class. Hutchinson's strength and body type are prototypes for the next level. Hutchinson is a pass first PG with a very excellent basketball instinct. Hutchinson has a natural feel for the game and her ability to facilitate will make her a favorite of teammates for years to come.

SFAXE93
MVP Scouting Report 2019 Top 50 Prospects

#8 Mikayla Hutchinson
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93 said:

MVP Scouting Report 2019 Top 50 Prospects

#8 Mikayla Hutchinson
Top 50 what? Texas? Link?
SFAXE93

Texas

https://www.mvpscoutingreport.com/girls-2019-s-top-50
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFAJack_76
I found it. She is a good one, but not sure how much current value there is in this.

https://www.mvpscoutingreport.com/girls-2019-s-top-50

"The MVP Scouting Report identifies, evaluates and showcases elite 5th-8th grade athletes in Girls Basketball, Soccer, Softball and Volleyball, as well as Boys Baseball, Basketball and Soccer. Athletes on the MVP Scouting Report get on the "Radar" of College Coaches early, enabling coaches to evaluate and follow their progress."
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Quality PG.

SFAJack_76
Another quality guard.

corleycl
SFAJack_76
Obviously a long list, but the fact that all three Ladyjack recruits are on there is pretty nice.

SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
This is a pretty good stat line, don't you think.

nacluth
I would love to see her have that stat line just once at SFA! It would be fine if it was against the Charitable Virgins or any other NAIA team, I would just like to be there to watch it.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

I would love to see her have that stat line just once at SFA! It would be fine if it was against the Charitable Virgins or any other NAIA team, I would just like to be there to watch it.
Blasphemy! Shame on you for denigrating my second favorite women's team, the Charitable Virgins!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Not too shabby.
SFAJack_76
Easy to vote if you are so inclined.

SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Good work.

SFAJack_76
As quiet as men's basketball recruiting was, I have heard or seen nothing about Ladyjacks. By my count, we have nine returners plus the three early signees. Since women get fifteen scholarships, we have three open. I don't know the last time we filled all fifteen slots, but I am confident we don't want to go into the season with only twelve.

Perhaps we pick up another later signer like Visscher was last year. A quality D1 transfer to sit for a year, like Imani Johnson did, would be okay too. Perhaps a quality grad transfer. With only two seniors on the team, another upper class women would be okay. I don't like to see scholarships go unused.

Interested to see how it plays out.
nacluth
I was thinking the same thing. Is it a different signing day for women? Also, I didn't realize women get two extra scholarships. Good to know, but that has me puzzled about some of our depth issues in the past.
TallTexan
FWIW, Kensmil has a sister in the 2019 class.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

I was thinking the same thing. Is it a different signing day for women? Also, I didn't realize women get two extra scholarships. Good to know, but that has me puzzled about some of our depth issues in the past.
Same signing day. UT signed a guard from Australia today.

I don't know why Kellogg undersigns, and usually by two or three. It bit him this year when Lovisa quit too late to replace, Kennedy went down before the season started, and Kia lost nearly the entire season with injury. Harvey also missed a number of games.
SFAJack_76
Don't know if it is 2019 or 2020. Hopefully, 2019. Until there is a signature, this is all Kellogg can say.

SFAJack_76

And, she picks ...

She did not play last season, so she might be eligible immediately.
SFAJack_76
Where we were thin at guard last year due to injury mostly, this season could be really deep with high quality.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.