Best Burger in Texas

6,444 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by sfajack05
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Since it's a point of conversation on the Astros thread, as well as with everyone on Twitter, wanted to start a separate thread for the burger conversation.

Whataburger is fine for fast food, but my favorite burger by far is from a dive bar in Taylor, Texas. Called Ed's Place.

djsfw57
Best burger I EVER ate was at Kincaid's in Fort Worth. Makes me sweat thinking about it.
cboothe09
Best Burgers (I can remember):

Butcher Boys, Juicy's (Tyler/Longview), Pappas Burgers (Houston), Becks Prime (Houston), Burger Barn (Palestine), Pete's Burgers (Kingwood/New Caney)
SFAXE93
Hill's Cafe in Austin, Texas
5 D Steak House in Avinger, Texas
Hawkins in Daingerfield, Texas
Bayou Cafe in Jefferson, Texas
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
INiedrauer
Staff
Whataburger does a brilliant job tying their marketing to Texas pride. People think they're patriotic when they spend money there. It's just fast food.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

INiedrauer
Staff
In Nac, it's hard to beat Butcher Boys. Lufkin has several amazing spots too tho. Ray's and Mom's Diner are both mandatory tries if you live in the area.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

SFA Jack Fanatic
Hamburger Depot (Beaumont, Bridge City, Nederland, Lumberton, Jasper). If anyone is going to the Lamar game this weekend, check it out. There's one on Cardinal Drive, not far from Lamar. Great burgers and fantastic onion rings. www.hamburgerdepot.com
INiedrauer
Staff
edstile said:

Hamburger Depot (Beaumont, Bridge City, Nederland, Lumberton, Jasper). If anyone is going to the Lamar game this weekend, check it out. There's one on Cardinal Drive, not far from Lamar. Great burgers and fantastic onion rings. www.hamburgerdepot.com

Bet! I'll report back on Saturday.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

TallTexan
INiedrauer said:

Whataburger does a brilliant job tying their marketing to Texas pride. People think they're patriotic when they spend money there. It's just fast food.
I wish I could favorite this.
TallTexan
The best fast food burger in Texas is PTerry's, but they refuse to expand out of Austin.

In terms of great real burgers, Hopdoddy has some of the best "gourmet" burgers around. Nac Burger(is that the name) when I was in Nac last was pretty good.

Shady Grove in Austin has a Hatch Green Chile burger that is one of the best I've had.
PurpleOut
Staff
PTerrys is fantastic.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

PTerrys is fantastic.
And so awesomely cheap. It's like the only place in town two people can eat for under 15 bucks. Anywhere else in Austin, you're looking at $25.

Also, PTerry's is opening a Taco place. I'll have to stop by when I'm back in Texas over Christmas.
PurpleForever
Bubba's Texas Burger Shack in Houston is a must try. A little difficult to find as its under, yes under the freeway. A little hole in the wall type place and they offer a wide selection of buffalo burgers. Very reasonable prices also.
TallTexan
PurpleForever said:

Bubba's Texas Burger Shack in Houston is a must try. A little difficult to find as its under, yes under the freeway. A little hole in the wall type place and they offer a wide selection of buffalo burgers. Very reasonable prices also.

Under the freeway? Is it the burger or the cocaine that makes it a must try?
cboothe09
Never been there, but I've definitely heard how good it is.
PurpleForever
TallTexan said:

PurpleForever said:

Under the freeway? Is it the burger or the cocaine that makes it a must try?

The sketchiness of it just adds to the experience.
Fly on the Wall
Bubba's Burger Shack is a Houston institution. It is in a shack / Ice House looking building that sits right off Westoatk Tollway. Yes, the highway expansion arcs over the building. Not a questionable place.
nacluth
At Whataburger right now reading this. I'm enjoying myself.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

At Whataburger right now reading this. I'm enjoying myself.
I"m not a Whataburger fan, but they're open? I'm in Virginia and even the McDonald's are closed.
nacluth
Yessir. Feeding Texans Thanksgiving dinner.
sfajack05
If you are ever out in the Marshall/Harleton area make sure you stop by Fuglers for a Bubba Burger. The place is inside this rundown looking convenience store that looks like it's straight out of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Also the Back Porch in Kilgore has a good burger.
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfajack05 said:

straight out of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Hmmm... I wonder how fresh the meat on their burger is...
sfajack05
Well they do have a meat processing place right next door.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.