Texas/East Texas Corporate gifts

1,458 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TallTexan
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Saw this story below on Twitter, about Love's Travel providing a gift to OU for their new softball stadium, and it got me thinking about how we can get into this.

I don't know a lot about the corporate gifts, but I'm curious how much we've tried reaching out to not just East Texas companies but just Texas based corporations that might be interested in contributing. Love's is of course pretty big, and in Oklahoma (assuming they've done previous stuff with OU) but is providing a total of $12M towards this stadium. That's almost the entire estimated cost of our once proposed baseball and softball complex.

Who are some companies that could make this work? Does Brookshire's do anything with us? Surely we know of alumni that either work for a large corporation or know of someone that would be up for a conversation.
BigJack85
I assume we are working these angles. At least I hope so.
TallTexan
Great point Matt.

I can't imagine that OU Softball gets a whole lot more broadcast TV time than say, SFA basketball.

Texas(and East Texas) has so many companies that could do large gifts if we build that pipeline. Everything from local stalwarts like Brookshire Bros to alumni owner/run to non affiliated.

A couple that come to mind:

Elliot Electric: 1.1 billion in sales

Brookshire Brothers: 650 million in sales

CBTX: 650 million market cap.

Foretravel: 47 million in sales per year. World's premier brand in luxury RVs.

That's just the ones I can think up off the top of my head.
sfajack05
Buc'ees Stadium has a nice ring to it. Include a giant bronze statue in flannel with an axe outside of it. Build a mini Buc'ee's next to it for before and after game snacks.

But in all seriousness that's a great idea. If I remember correctly Bo Pilgrim/Pilgrim's Pride had donated a million dollars to name the baseball/softball complex that never happened.

Maybe they could get Gray TV (KLTV/KTRE) or Nexstar Media Group (KETK) to donate and they could run the broadcasts as well.
PurpleOut
Staff
Seriously, I don't see any reason to NOT go hard after Buc-ee's and see if they would be interested. Almost all large companies have some sort of stadium naming rights somewhere, Buc-ees Stadium in Nac should be their first move!

There needs to be a Buc-ee's somewhere in East Texas anyway.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Seriously, I don't see any reason to NOT go hard after Buc-ee's and see if they would be interested. Almost all large companies have some sort of stadium naming rights somewhere, Buc-ees Stadium in Nac should be their first move!

There needs to be a Buc-ee's somewhere in East Texas anyway.
Interstate 59 needs a location and SFA/NAC EDC need to team up to pitch that being in Nac.
TallTexan
https://www.kplctv.com/2021/08/04/mcneese-receives-largest-facility-naming-rights-gift-school-history/

McNeese Basketball Arena naming rights went for 2.5 million.
TallTexan
Another avenue to look at is every locally owned bank in East Texas and see if we have any Lumberjack connections in the ownership.

Local banks make bank.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.