Sports Cards

3,026 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PurpleOut
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone else into buying, selling or just collecting? Old habits are hard to break for me. Lol
nacluth
I have a Don Mattingly rookie card if you have something good to trade.
Jacks4460
No-look said:

Anyone else into buying, selling or just collecting? Old habits are hard to break for me. Lol

I have every Topps box set from like 62 I believe.. I could probably sell 1/2 my collection and help build us a new football locker room...
No-look
nacluth said:

I have a Don Mattingly rookie card if you have something good to trade.
might trade you a Deshawn Watson for it. Lol
nacluth
This is the only box set I have. After 31 years of moving the box doesn't look great, but the cards are all good. About 10 years after buying my brother took the wrapping off to look inside because some people are just idiots.

Jacks4460
That's a good one.. also have Donruss sets going way back...
djsfw57
Jacks4460 said:

No-look said:

I have every Topps box set from like 62 I believe.. I could probably sell 1/2 my collection and help build us a new football locker room...
I was thinking when I read the original post how I wish I had kept all my cards from when I was a kid in the early 60s. I had some awesome cards, but back then never thought about taking care of them. But I was a stupid little elementary kid. LOL
TallTexan
Jacks4460 said:

No-look said:

Well what are you waiting for?

Between that and Ed selling his pokemon cards, we could give Homer Bryce a facelift.
Jacks4460
I was lucky to have a great Aunt who would buy me a full set every year and my dad would put them in a big walk in safe he has.. now I know why.. once I got older he would get me a full set every year as a present and we would just keep them in the safe.. I hope to pass em down to my son.. They are all in plastic and in binders.. I am so thankful mom and dad saved those..
No-look

Here's one I just acquired recently. MJ' second year sticker. Gonna have it graded. MJ cards are nostalgic to me.
No-look
Well, so much for my posting pictures skills.
No-look
djsfw57 said:

Jacks4460 said:

No-look said:

I was thinking when I read the original post how I wish I had kept all my cards from when I was a kid in the early 60s. I had some awesome cards, but back then never thought about taking care of them. But I was a stupid little elementary kid. LOL
I feel your pain. In the early sixties I would buy Topps trading cards at local store and put them on my bicycle with a clothes pin to glide across the spokes. Sounded really cool. Motorcycle quality.
djsfw57
Jacks4460 said:

I was lucky to have a great Aunt who would buy me a full set every year and my dad would put them in a big walk in safe he has.. now I know why.. once I got older he would get me a full set every year as a present and we would just keep them in the safe.. I hope to pass em down to my son.. They are all in plastic and in binders.. I am so thankful mom and dad saved those..
That's an incredible story! I am so glad your dad was a man of wisdom. Those things will be worth a fortune. I'm sure a lot of them already are.
djsfw57
No-look said:

djsfw57 said:

Jacks4460 said:

No-look said:

I feel your pain. In the early sixties I would buy Topps trading cards at local store and put them on my bicycle with a clothes pin to glide across the spokes. Sounded really cool. Motorcycle quality.
I literally just told my husband about putting my cards on the bicycle wheels with clothes pins!
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

Jacks4460 said:

No-look said:

Well what are you waiting for?

Between that and Ed selling his pokemon cards, we could give Homer Bryce a facelift.

Sorry, Texan. But your wild-eyed idea is simply not in the cards. (Get it? Not in the cards? Do I have to explain everything to you???)
TallTexan
Fine Ed, if you don't want to part with your holographic Jigglypuff card for the good of SFA, we won't make you.
Ljacks&Longnecks
I remember buying baseball card packs around 1970. Packs were 10 cents but tax started somewhere between 11-20 cents so we would drive the convenience store guy nuts buying 1 pack at a time cause 2 packs would cost us 21 cents. Preston Smith was governor of Texas then and we would laugh about not paying Preston's penny.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

Fine Ed, if you don't want to part with your holographic Jigglypuff card for the good of SFA, we won't make you.
If you actually know about something called a holographic jigglypuff card, then I'm really worried about your sanity, Texan.
No-look
The Michael Jordan Fleer Rookie graded a PSA 10 could be bought under a thousand in 2000. I remember thinking I would never pay that much for a card... this February one sold for over 700,000. Its Back down to 300,000 - 4000,000 now....last summer they were about 40,000. ..Just saying
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

The Michael Jordan Fleer Rookie graded a PSA 10 could be bought under a thousand in 2000. I remember thinking I would never pay that much for a card... this February one sold for over 700,000. Its Back down to 300,000 - 4000,000 now....last summer they were about 40,000. ..Just saying
Wow! I collect Confederate currency, and I have a few extremely rare ones that don't approach that amount in current value.
PurpleOut
Staff
I found a bunch of boxes and binders of my old cards from when I was a kid. Have a ton of cards from the 90's that I'm curious if they are worth anything. I don't really have the time to look them all up or go through them, but I know I have some pretty decent sets.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.