Ken Collier has passed

2,311 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFAJack_76
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
I'm sure some of you knew him more than I did. Had a lot of interactions with him on social media, seemed like a great guy that loved SFA.

BigJack85
Sad. I had no idea. I just friended him on Facebook about 4 months ago.
TallTexan
What a loss for SFA. I only knew him through Twitter but dang, the University is going to miss him.
Pilotgirl
Oh no!
Jacks4460
Wow!! RIP Ken.. Bleeds Purple..
sfajack05
Sad to hear that. I never had him but always heard good things about him and saw him at all the games.
SFAJack_76
Our basketball tickets were two rows behind Dr. Collier's. Our baseball tickets were a row behind him. Volleyball was next to him. Ken was the epitome of an SFA fan. Beyond being a fan, he truly cared about the student-athletes. As the Faculty Athletic Representative (FAR), Ken was working hard to educate the faculty on the values of athletics. As the FAR, Ken chaired the Intercollegiate Athletic Counsel, which Ivey and Dr. Gordon had revamped to be a team that actually did something. He led the last meeting by Zoom on May 12. He was working very hard in support of Ivey and his team. Ken and his wife Sandy showed up at most athletic related functions. They had tickets to what was supposed to be the final four in Atlanta this year. I am saddened that he was not able to make that dream trip.

Ken's passing is a big loss to SFA, and a terrible loss to his family. I am stunned. We will deeply miss him.
SFAJack_76
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.