Quarantine Thread

3,202 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by nacluth
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Several posts around the board about what people are doing with their time, thought we could use a different thread.

I work from home anyway, so this isn't a huge difference on me. Other than having the kids here all day.

I've got a TV in my office that I normally have in the background. I've gone through a full Game of Thrones rewatch again, just finished the 2nd season of Jack Ryan. Watching Ozark at night. Thank goodness Netflix has had a lot of new shows come out, or pushed up. Oh and got crazy and purchased an XBox.

Lucky to have a nice back yard (big for Frisco/McKinney) for the kids to get out and for us to get some soccer and other things to keep them busy and active around their eLearning.

What is everyone else doing to stay positive and kill some time?
PurpleOut
Staff
djsfw57
I always found the idea of binge watching to be a regal bore. However, I've changed my mind the last few weeks. I've been binge watching Netflix and actually have enjoyed it!
drhuggybear
I am in the same boat as @purpleout because I work from home as well. So other than having to setup workstations in all 4 rooms upstairs so everyone has a workspace there isn't much different. Work for me has picked up considerably so I am on calls almost non stop.

I tried watching Tiger King but couldn't get past the first episode. Haven't gotten to the binge stage yet but with things extending through April, that might come.
Jeff
Axe'Em Jacks
PurpleOut
Staff
Tiger King is just ridiculous. It amazes me sometimes that people like the ones on that show actually exist. But, then I also remember they are in Oklahoma.
cboothe09
Tiger King was gold
Working through season 3 of Ozarks
HBO released their documentary "The Scheme" about the NCAA basketball recruiting scandal. Really bad look for LSU's Will Wade from what I hear. I plan on watching this week.
Star Wars was released yesterday. Was hoping it was a Disney+ release too, but not that lucky. Probably gonna buy it and give it a watch.
Billions isn't far from returning on Showtime
Pilotgirl
I loved the 1st season of Jack Ryan! Watching some different series and movies with the fam. Also reading a lot and doing book club virtually, which is cool. Cooking and baking a lot. I am also going to "teach" a basic, free Essential Oils 101 class on Zoom for friends and coworkers (oils to use for relaxation and wellness). Keeping busy! Also started meditating because I sensed anxiety levels rising and I am not an anxious person.

Oh, and starting to do taxes for my mom and V (and myself) Yippee.
Pilotgirl
Joe Exotics 2nd or 3rd hubby was a cheerleader at SFA recently. It was a train wreck of a series that I couldn't stop watching
nacluth
Alamo Drafthouse are selling virtual movie tickets. This is next Wednesday's showing. Anyone interested?

PurpleOut
Staff
That's a great idea. I grew up at the Drafthouse in Austin. Hopefully COVID doesn't hurt them too much.

From the site it looks like it's just a rental to view the movie and can be viewed anytime you want within 5 days. Nothing that I particularly want to pay $12 to watch right now unfortunately.

https://drafthouse.com/alamo-at-home

I would pay good money though if they can figure out a way to do a live Master Pancake stream.

*Update, looks like they have a Twitch channel and have been broadcasting old Master Pancakes, but literally missed them just last week. I bet they do more.

If you don't know what Master Pancake is, they show an old movie and have 3-4 guys live in the theater with mics talking over the movie and making jokes. My wife and I when we were younger and living in Austin went to every one.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

If you don't know what Master Pancake is, they show an old movie and have 3-4 guys live in the theater with mics talking over the movie and making jokes. My wife and I when we were younger and living in Austin went to every one.

Sounds like a knockoff of Mystery Science Theater 3000. MST3000 movies are shown 24/7 on the Pluto channel.
PurpleOut
Staff
Might be cool today:

nacluth
Beautiful evening for a family walk on campus.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.