Cleanup of The Sawmill

3,354 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is it possible for someone to 'clean up" The Sawmill website (parts other than the Forums)?

We've been seeing the same stories and photos every day for almost a freakin' year! Do Purple or Nacluth have editing rights to clean this sucker up? The "owner" Isaac obviously doesn't give a great big damn about the site anymore, even after falsely promising to hire writers to provide fresh content.
djsfw57
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Is it possible for someone to 'clean up" The Sawmill website (parts other than the Forums)?

We've been seeing the same stories and photos every day for almost a freakin' year! Do Purple or Nacluth have editing rights to clean this sucker up? The "owner" Isaac obviously doesn't give a great big damn about the site anymore, even after falsely promising to hire writers to provide fresh content.
That is exactly why I didn't renew my paid subscription. It was money wasted on pretty much nothing.
BigJack85
I believe Isaac is the only one with "rights". Time to hand it over.
PurpleOut
Staff
Nacluth and I both have access to edit everything. But by what your describing as cleaning up old photos and stories would mean deleting the content. We would still need content to replace it.

I just have my old domain (lumberjackfans.com) bookmarked, and you could do the same with that or the sfasawmill.com/forums URL to bypass the home page. That's not a good answer to the problem, but just an option.
nacluth
Interesting. I don't have the ability to edit everything. I can access the basketball and football admin screens so I can update schedules/rosters/scores on the site. I try to keep those current. I have one or two things to clean up for the end of the basketball year. The abrupt end of the season got me off my rhythm.

I also can do forum moderator stuff. If I could have changed the front page, I would have done it long ago. I briefly had some interaction online with Isaac a couple of weeks ago. I've been considering doing a write-up for the whole season and seeing if it could be put up front for now. We'll see.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Nacluth and I both have access to edit everything. But by what your describing as cleaning up old photos and stories would mean deleting the content. We would still need content to replace it.

I just have my old domain (lumberjackfans.com) bookmarked, and you could do the same with that or the sfasawmill.com/forums URL to bypass the home page. That's not a good answer to the problem, but just an option.

Anyone have requests for specific content? I might have some extra time later in the week to create something.
BigJack85
All I'd like is to see an article or two during football and basketball season. Plus an occasional baseball, soccer or volleyball story. Is that asking to much.
SFASawmillGuy
The whole idea behind the sawmill when we started it was to have consistent content weekly. Hell we even had the weekly podcast with Isaac.
We had 3 consistent writers at the beginning, myself, Isaac, and 1 other guy, but since graduating it's admittedly really fallen off and my roll is now exclusively running the twitter account.
We've tried to find consistency with student writers but it's just been difficult with life getting in the way.
Hopefully we can get back to the way things used to be and give you guys some really quality content.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

Anyone have requests for specific content? I might have some extra time later in the week to create something.

What Ryan suggested, and a similar story about the WBB Ladyjacks. And maybe one big all-inclusive story about all of the other Spring athletic teams. A couple of them were heading toward accomplishing some great things this year (i.e., softball and T&F).
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA_03 said:

The whole idea behind the sawmill when we started it was to have consistent content weekly. Hell we even had the weekly podcast with Isaac.
We had 3 consistent writers at the beginning, myself, Isaac, and 1 other guy, but since graduating it's admittedly really fallen off and my roll is now exclusively running the twitter account.
We've tried to find consistency with student writers but it's just been difficult with life getting in the way.
Hopefully we can get back to the way things used to be and give you guys some really quality content.

We have some guys on here who would love to make contributions if someone would just give them the green light to do so (after proper reviews and any needed editing, of course).
BigJack85
Fanatic nailed it. Plenty of content available from some of the contributors here. Just need an editor.
PurpleOut
Staff
Just send it to me and I can post it. 85 I believe you sent me something months ago, or we at least spoke about it a few times.
BigJack85
Ya. I ended up cutting and pasting it onto the NCAA section.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.