Wal-Mart Nac ...

2,637 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TallTexan
drhuggybear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.ktre.com/2019/06/10/police-man-arrested-after-setting-fire-nacogdoches-walmart-store-closed-due-damage/

Uh okay ....
TallTexan
This is such an East Texas quote:
Quote:

Specifically, underwear was ignited.

"It was a good fuel source. Hundred percent cotton. Cotton stacked up on cotton on wire racks. It was like cooking chicken on a grill," said Westmoreland.

nacluth
I heard someone kind of in the know say that there could be up to $8M in total loss from the incident (damage, product loss, and probably biggest - sales loss through closure). That number seems mind boggling high to me, but I guess it could be so.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

I heard someone kind of in the know say that there could be up to $8M in total loss from the incident (damage, product loss, and probably biggest - sales loss through closure). That number seems mind boggling high to me, but I guess it could be so.

If the store is closed for 3-4 days then that number is probably on the low side. That's one busy Walmart.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

I've heard local Walmarts(Palestine/Athens) can pull in 1 million on special occassion days(Thanksgiving/etc). Googling it looks like Walmart stores average 120-150k in sales per day. I don't know how much product was lost or damage, but I could easily see it being a couple of million. Maybe slightly lower since they should be able to get it open by the Weekend & it's not the 1st of the month.

When I worked at Walmart in HS I'd occassionally have to help them pull cash from the registers, & we'd have a buggy with 50k in cash in it. That was wild to be pushing $50k around.

Probably the biggest local impact is if all the hourly employees aren't needed to clean up & restock. When you're living on hourly wages, losing 3 days in the middle of a pay period can be a big gap.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.