Honorary Lumberjack?

4,382 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jboy93
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I didn't graduate from SFA though I matriculated there. But today I had to process a Red Maple that (thankfully) missed the house, does that make me a lumberjack?

SFAJack_76
So glad it missed the house, and all are okay.
nacluth
Thanks. Kids loved the adventure of it. Also their school had no power today, so they loved that too. I of course was glad that it was just an inconvenience and not something more.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

I didn't graduate from SFA though I matriculated there. But today I had to process a Red Maple that (thankfully) missed the house, does that make me a lumberjack?
Ok, let's take a vote.

All in Favor, say Aye!

All Opposed! Say Go Bearkats!
SFA Jack Fanatic
"He's a Lumberjack and he's OK,
He sleeps all night and works all day."
nacluth
Wind and rain whipping again like last night. Hope we don't have a repeat performance.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Wind and rain whipping again like last night. Hope we don't have a repeat performance.

Be hard for that tree to fall again.
purplitis72
Despite the fact that I've been accused of being a troll, I believe that here is no need for a poll. If he believes that he is a Lumberjack, he's a Lumberjack. He doesn't need anyone's approval. Loyalty speaks for itself.

Hopefully no one was injured in the storm, including those people who are not Lumberjacks.

Vocabulary word for the day is "Matriculate".
purplitis72
"All Hail to SFA"
BigJack85
He's a Lumberjack and he's ok!
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Pilotgirl
These storms have been crazy awful! In the process of getting a new roof due to hail damage.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

These storms have been crazy awful! In the process of getting a new roof due to hail damage.

Drove through San Augustine today. A tornado devastated the west end of that town last week. Businesses destroyed. Hundreds of huge trees sawed off. Unbelievably, no one was even hurt.
cboothe09
The storm in Kingwood was bad yesterday. Rained for just 20 or 30 minutes but trees down everywhere and a lot of street flooding. Probably 18-24 inches of water in front of my house. My house is up hugh so we were good, but there were a lot of places that got water inside.
Pilotgirl
Just awful. Alto was hit hard, too. The one silverlining is that they will have to rebuild the HS. I worked for all the schools in Cherokee Co first 7 yrs of my professional career & that was a building held together with duct tape. For real.
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

Just awful. Alto was hit hard, too. The one silverlining is that they will have to rebuild the HS. I worked for all the schools in Cherokee Co first 7 yrs of my professional career & that was a building held together with duct tape. For real.
Cherokee & Houston county have been torn up by these storms. Pretty sure half of Houston county has a new roof after this spring. Just crazy.
Txjack
cboothe09 said:

The storm in Kingwood was bad yesterday. Rained for just 20 or 30 minutes but trees down everywhere and a lot of street flooding. Probably 18-24 inches of water in front of my house. My house is up hugh so we were good, but there were a lot of places that got water inside.
Crazy weather seems to be the norm the last few years in Southeast Tx. We had a brief but stout storm a couple of weeks ago that took down the neighbors tree and fell into my yard as well. Getting real tired of post weather clean up!
jboy93
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

Drove through San Augustine today. A tornado devastated the west end of that town last week. Businesses destroyed. Hundreds of huge trees sawed off. Unbelievably, no one was even hurt.
I've yet to see it firsthand. Jimmy and Peggy are extremely blessed that the house was not destroyed!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.