2021-2022 T&F/XC

13,097 Views | 112 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I did not know the Clarks had left. What a turnover in assistant coaches we have had.

Edit: Clark's Twitter profile now says "U.S. Marine Corps Intelligence Officer". A bit of a career change.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

I did not know the Clarks had left. What a turnover in assistant coaches we have had.

Edit: Clark's Twitter profile now says "U.S. Marine Corps Intelligence Officer". A bit of a career change.

Yep Clark apparently joined the Reserves a few years back and then took a full time opportunity a few months back.

Going through officer training school is a young man's game, Clark must be one tough dude to do it at 35 or 36.
TallTexan
Excited to see what coach Hansen brings to the table.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

Oh, heck no! Coach Olson must be having a cardiac! The best sprinter we've ever had and he does this??? !!!
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

TallTexan said:

Oh, heck no! Coach Olson must be having a cardiac! The best sprinter we've ever had and he does this??? !!!
Lol you're only young once.

And nothing gives you that last 100m kick like pretending you're outrunning a bull.
SFAJack_76
Ahead of soccer, XC has been on a Covid protocol pause. I believe they return tomorrow. Not posted because they haven't missed any competitions I suppose. Scheduled home meet on Saturday.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Ahead of soccer, XC has been on a Covid protocol pause. I believe they return tomorrow. Not posted because they haven't missed any competitions I suppose. Scheduled home meet on Saturday.

That's a bummer. We really need to get all these kids vaxxed.

A pause is literally the least worrisome outcome of Covid, some of those side effects of the virus could ruin careers and worse. Delta ain't playing around.
SFAJack_76
Don't know if this means we are good, or NSU is bad. Particularly the women. Next is at Rice on Friday. Suspect that will tell us more.
SFAJack_76
Not reported by SFA anywhere that I have seen, in the WAC cross country championship, our women finished eighth, and the men finished ninth. Our new XC coach has a lot of work to do.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Not reported by SFA anywhere that I have seen, in the WAC cross country championship, our women finished eighth, and the men finished ninth. Our new XC coach has a lot of work to do.
I don't keep up with cross country nearly as closely as other sports. Is that typical or atypical of us?
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

I don't keep up with cross country nearly as closely as other sports. Is that typical or atypical of us?
Different level of competition. Last year in the SLC, our men finished second, and the women finished third.
SFA Jack Fanatic
We've lost the best sprinter in SFA track and field history. Auhmad Robinson has entered the transfer portal. Some big school got to him.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

We've lost the best sprinter in SFA track and field history. Auhmad Robinson has entered the transfer portal. Some big school got to him.
Man, what a bummer.

SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Disappointing, but not surprising. Wish him well.
Pilotgirl
HUGE loss. HUGE
Pilotgirl
Paul Martin is gone now, too.

Imma go have a good, long cry. Be back later....
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Martin has been outspoken about our lack of a semi-decent locker room for T&F. He's right. I don't know how much of an influence that is in their decision, but I have confidence it played a meaningful role.

The job our coaches have done in non-revenue sports is phenomenal considering how seriously underfunded they are.
Pilotgirl
Honestly, I don't blame them.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Martin has been outspoken about our lack of a semi-decent locker room for T&F. He's right. I don't know how much of an influence that is in their decision, but I have confidence it played a meaningful role.

The job our coaches have done in non-revenue sports is phenomenal considering how seriously underfunded they are.
Feel like we're really going to have to grow the PLF to make up for some of this lack of funding.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
Interpretation, please. Does this mean they left for potential riches elsewhere rather than simply because of poor facilities?
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Interpretation, please. Does this mean they left for potential riches elsewhere rather than simply because of poor facilities?
Definitely not just because of facilities.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Robinson to A&M. Money talks.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
PVU, winning both men and women. Erica Ellis is a transfer from Penn State. She holds the national high school junior classification record, but did not progress as a collegian. She has set PR's in her first meets as a Ladyjack.
SFAJack_76
Broke the school record she set last season.
TallTexan
Fantastic.
SFAJack_76
Decathlete. Don't know when he gets to Nac.
TallTexan
Do we have the new track finished yet?
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

Do we have the new track finished yet?

Yes
TallTexan
Awesome. May have to swing by and take a look on Saturday.
SFAJack_76
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.