A Way-Too-Early 2018-2019 Mid-Major Poll

4,807 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mitchell Northam, a contributor to Mid-Major Madness, has put out a Way-Too-Early poll for next season. He has SFA at #24.

TallTexan
I'll take it. But I'm looking forward to the real poll next March.
cboothe09
From what I have seen on Twitter, a lot of the guys from Mid-Major Madness have us in that 20-25 range. I'm interested to see where CollegeInsider.com has us...
SFA Jack Fanatic
cboothe09 said:

From what I have seen on Twitter, a lot of the guys from Mid-Major Madness have us in that 20-25 range. I'm interested to see where CollegeInsider.com has us...
Personally, I think this guy short-changed us by about 15 spots.
cboothe09
I agree. I think we should be hovering between 10-15 to start the year, and should move up into the top 10 by conference play.
corleycl
Is the game schedule finalized this early?
nacluth
Game schedule probably won't be released until September, although if they score some newsworthy games they will probably release those early.
sfa17
We are not ranked since most voters put as in 20s.
Loyola at #3 is a bit much. One good season and a magical run and now they are a mid major powerhouse. I feel like it is just writers trying to get a good story or headline

https://www.midmajormadness.com/2018/4/3/17192394/mid-major-rankings-2018-19-way-too-early-nevada-gonzaga-south-dakota-state-loyola

cboothe09
I'm oddly okay with Loyola being there. They weren't scrubs when they got into the tournament. Remember they did beat Florida in the swamp during non-conference, and they bring back a lot of key players. Do I see another Final Four run? Nope, but they will be very good.

South Dakota State and BYU in the top-5 is questionable at best. Actually, I see a lot wrong with their poll...Western Kentucky at #11? Nope. Montana and Old Dominion? I dunno.

I do think Georgia State should be slightly higher.
sfa17
corleycl said:

A good account to follow on Twitter is @theD1Docket. They usually have info about games as they are released
sfa17
Yeah u are right. Byu disappoints every year.
SFAJack_76
sfa17 said:

corleycl said:

A good account to follow on Twitter is @theD1Docket. They usually have info about games as they are released
Nice! Thanks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.