SFA / Arlington Baptist

18,454 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by nacluth
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA (10-2) vs. Arlington Baptist (3-10)

WHERE: SAWMILL
WHEN: DEC. 21; 6:00PM THURS.
TV: ESPN3

The Patriots lost to ACU by 49 and Houston Baptist by 41, this could get ugly.
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
jboy93
Please everyone just come out of this game HEALTHY!!!
nacluth
After the Missouri game, do you think we can tank this game just to throw people off the scent?
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
TallTexan
jboy93 said:

Please everyone just come out of this game HEALTHY!!!
I've set the starting Lineup
  • Gru
  • Fisher
  • Harrison Perkins
  • Rance Cole
  • Bain

That's our anti-injury lineup.
nacluth
I don't see any reason to field 5 players. That's just asking for trouble.
jboy93
Really thinking about driving over an hour to this game just to show the team some love after the last week! They deserve it. I know the campus is closed for the holidays so its up to Nac to SHOW up!
cboothe09
jboy93 said:

Really thinking about driving over an hour to this game just to show the team some love after the last week! They deserve it. I know the campus is closed for the holidays so its up to Nac to SHOW up!
Thinking the same thing...Just not sure I wanna make that drive for what kind of blowout this should be...
TallTexan
nacluth said:

I don't see any reason to field 5 players. That's just asking for trouble.
I was going Gru vs 5, but realized that Bain & Fisher could use a few more reps, so I figured why not see who Perkins & Cole are because I've never heard of them.
nacluth
It would be fun to see Perkins play, but last I saw he still had a brace on. That could hurt the other team when he dunks on them. Cole looks like he could go, but I wonder why coach hasn't let him dress out. We have room on the bench.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFAXE93
I didn't see Cole on the bench for the Missouri game.
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
TallTexan
SFAXE93 said:

I didn't see Cole on the bench for the Missouri game.
Because we're obviously planning to spring him on an unsuspecting ABU.
SFASawmillGuy
starting 5 against Arlington Baptist

Gru
Dancing old lady at every home game
The Gatorade cooler
New transfer Shamus McWalkup
And a framed photo of Brad Underwood.
No-look
Hope we play with intensity and not sleep walk through it.
INiedrauer
Staff
Okay, I'm just gonna say it: what a dud of a game after the last couple weeks.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA_03 said:

starting 5 against Arlington Baptist

Gru
Dancing old lady at every home game
The Gatorade cooler
New transfer Shamus McWalkup
And a framed photo of Brad Underwood.
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Post of the day! Heck, post of the year!!!!!!!!!!!
SFASawmillGuy
I'm serious about the 50 point win. We could literally forget to show up and let the purple haze play and probably still win.
BigJack85
Get the starters a few minutes to get a 15-20 point lead then start weaving the rest of the team into the game. Winning by 50 is less important than getting everyone lots of playing time. If I recall we start with SE Louisiana. That will not be easy.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFASawmillGuy
BigJack85 said:

If I recall we start with SE Louisiana. That will be easy.

Fixed it
SFA Jack Fanatic
Arlington Baptist's tallest player is 6'5".
nacluth
Then it's only right that we don't field anyone shorter than 6' 5". Gru, Fisher, Sammy, Gilmore, and TJ are my starting lineup.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
RedRiverLa
Brilliant! I look for the Gatorade bucket to dunk himself after the game in celebration while the framed picture screams "we became a team today, but that wasn't a blocking foul, I wasn't moving. I feel I was framed." As always, the dancing lady will be a step slow and eventually foul out while her husband will just look embarrassed about the entire thing. As a final move Gru will pick up Arlington Baptists smallest player and get a cameo on the Titanic cam.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
nacluth
It's Gameday!!!! Going tonight mainly to cheer on the Jacks for their exceptional road trip. It could be a trap (cough) game. Arlington Baptist is a NCCAA (Christian Colleges) Division 2 team. Their average loss is by 31 points. The game they lost to ACU didn't count as it was an exhibition.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
No-look
Hope it's not a sloppy game. Hope we play hard and not sleep walk. NC probably took Woolford lightly.
MasterAxe
I really want to drudge up the "why on earth are we playing this game and why is it even on the schedule" argument.

But, no.

Please, don't anyone get hurt.
SFAJack_76
Going to the game because we want to show support for the team. This game though...

Looking for meaningful minutes for Bain, Fisher, and Charles because we need him to return to being Ty of two years ago.
INiedrauer
Staff
I want Ty to take no fewer than 10 threes. Let's get his shot back.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

PurpleOut
Staff
Happy to see people going to the game, or at least the want to travel to support the guys. We need more of that.

I've had some back and forth on Twiitter with fans wanting us to move to a bigger conference to have more "exciting teams/games." But that's basically impossible, there isn't a league we can go to that is full of schools the average SFA Hoops fan will know or be excited about. We need more fans to WANT to go to the games to support OUR guys, regardless of who we're playing. And we're getting better at that.
INiedrauer
Staff
Going to a better conference would be a huge mistake. We'll never not be in a one-bid league and, I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather actually be better than the rest of the conference so the tournament isn't such a roll of the dice. Too many UT Arlingtons get left out.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

RedRiverLa
Driving in for the game next Thursday, just can't make it tonight, but will be watching. All kidding aside, I've seen us play average in these type of games, really interested to see our response after close fantastic games with high-quality opponents.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
SFASawmillGuy
SFA already has a 20 point lead.
PurpleOut
Staff
INiedrauer said:

Going to a better conference would be a huge mistake. We'll never not be in a one-bid league and, I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather actually be better than the rest of the conference so the tournament isn't such a roll of the dice. Too many UT Arlingtons get left out.
I agree for the most part. The only part that makes me think, is that those UT Arlingtons will at least be in the discussion for an at-large. Will there ever be a Southland team that can do that? I don't know but it's definitely unlikely.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

INiedrauer said:

I agree for the most part. The only part that makes me think, is that those UT Arlingtons will at least be in the discussion for an at-large. Will there ever be a Southland team that can do that? I don't know but it's definitely unlikely.

Hopefully there is never a Southland team in the discussion for an atlarge bid, because that means we didn't win the tournament.
SFASawmillGuy
The only justification I could see for going to a new conference would be if we could get more exposure. As it stands if we moved to say C-USA or the Sunbelt the only extra exposure we'd get at all would be in football, and even then it wouldn't be much more than what we get now. Every other sport we'd get about the same or possibly even less exposure if we lost the ESPN deal.

Personally I've thought, and still think, the only conference we could or should justify a move to would be the American Athletic Conference with U of H, Memphis, and SMU. We would have games that our fans would care about, and definitely a huge increase in competition. Bad news would be in everything not called basketball we'd get destroyed. But it could be a work in progress I suppose.
SFASawmillGuy
Plus if we made that jump with Sam they could have their wish of being an FBS team, and we could have our wish of not being screwed by one game before the NCAA tournament.
Jon
Keller gave the guys a couple of days off after getting back to Nacogdoches, so seeing what shape the guys are in after the road trip and how winded they get will be one of the things I will be watching for tonight, along with careless turnover count. We are currently 2nd in the nation in Steals per game, and T-314 in Turnovers per game...
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.