Hecklers & Haze Alumni MBB Game

2,745 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BigJack85
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
*Moving this to the hoops board to hopefully get more eyes, since it's technically an event.

Locked in for UTA weekend on February 18th. Stay tuned for more details, but block it off on your calendar if you want to join.

Going to be bigger and better than last year!
BigJack85
PurpleOut said:

Locked in for UTA weekend on February 18th. Stay tuned for more details, but block it off on your calendar if you want to join.

Going to be bigger and better than last year!

Looks like a good date for me. I'll probably (80%) be in for this.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
PurpleOut
Staff
Quick question for some opinions. Last year we called this event several different things.

- Student For A Day
- Hecklers Reunion
- Hecklers & Haze Reunion
- Adult Student Section Game
- probably something else I'm forgetting

The idea is to grow this into a big, and annual event (and hopefully run by the athletic department at some point).

The Hecklers part was just included because that was the really the best student led group we've had that was actually into games. We then put Hecklers & Haze on the shirts and tried to explain that it was for all alumni, PHA members, bball fans, etc.

Going forward, what are your thoughts on one name that the athletic department could run with? What about "Hecklers & Haze Alumni Game?"

Open to suggestions.
BigJack85
PurpleOut said:

Quick question for some opinions. Last year we called this event several different things.

- Student For A Day
- Hecklers Reunion
- Hecklers & Haze Reunion
- Adult Student Section Game
- probably something else I'm forgetting

The idea is to grow this into a big, and annual event (and hopefully run by the athletic department at some point).

The Hecklers part was just included because that was the really the best student led group we've had that was actually into games. We then put Hecklers & Haze on the shirts and tried to explain that it was for all alumni, PHA members, bball fans, etc.

Going forward, what are your thoughts on one name that the athletic department could run with? What about "Hecklers & Haze Alumni Game?"

Open to suggestions.

Shoot. I like Em all. I'm just glad to be part of the action! I'm to old to have been part of Hecklers and Haze , but I consider myself an "honorary member". That being said, I fully endorse "Hecklers and Haze" reunion.
PurpleOut
Staff
A lot of people don't really know who the Hecklers were, so I've been thinking it sounds a little non-inclusive.

A title around alumni might make more sense, which is why I kind of added the two together.
PurpleOut
Staff
PurpleOut
Staff
If you're on Facebook, join the event page, where we'll have most of the updates and communication.

https://fb.me/e/2sZ0YfC1b
PurpleOut
Staff
Got some stuff worked out today!

The athletic department is going to help with promotion and shirts. If anyone wants to donate and help offset some costs on the shirts, I'll be pitching in.

We'll have our tailgate with the alumni association again. Some sort of pregame outing on the court with a group picture. Someone will get picked for a "heckler/fan of the game award.

$5 tickets with option to get a shirt. Link needs to be updated so I'll get that out soon. Their/our goal is to really grow this as an annual alumni event. This year we will also be focusing on having our section be fully reserved seating. Last year there was still a covid concern that I understand, but still had so many people that I never saw.

Let me know if there are any questions or ideas!
PurpleOut
Staff
Ticket link below!

The option to purchase a shirt (purple logo on white shirt this year) is available when you purchase your tickets. Note that when you are checking out, there is a field to enter your shirt size. We will pick up the shirts at the tailgate/game.

Reminder again these will be reserved seats, so the quicker you purchase the closer to the floor you will be. If you're a season ticket holder like myself, you can move over to sit with us...or transfer your tickets (which is what I'm doing).

https://fevo.me/hecklersandhaze23

Let me know if there are questions or issues. And please share!

PurpleOut
Staff
I meant to mention, you can purchase a shirt at the link as well if you'd like to have one and not sit with us.

We're at 12 tickets sold right now, so we need some help spreading the word to get to at least the same mark from last year. Key again is to find those that may not see the posts from myself or the alumni association. So if you have social media, or have any friends you can send it too...we'd greatly appreciate it!

SFASawmillGuy
PurpleOut said:

I meant to mention, you can purchase a shirt at the link as well if you'd like to have one and not sit with us.

We're at 12 tickets sold right now, so we need some help spreading the word to get to at least the same mark from last year. Key again is to find those that may not see the posts from myself or the alumni association. So if you have social media, or have any friends you can send it too...we'd greatly appreciate it!

Just waiting to see if my wife can get off work to know if I should buy 1 or 2 tickets.
My daughter still hasn't attended an SFA game(I have failed my two year old. I will make it up the next 16 years so she knows to bleed purple) so I'm actually unsure, but would she be free?
PurpleOut
Staff
SFASawmillGuy said:

PurpleOut said:

Just waiting to see if my wife can get off work to know if I should buy 1 or 2 tickets.
My daughter still hasn't attended an SFA game(I have failed my two year old. I will make it up the next 16 years so she knows to bleed purple) so I'm actually unsure, but would she be free?
Yeah almost all kids are free. I'm not even sure what the age cutoff is.
nacluth
Got a couple tickets through the link.
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

Got a couple tickets through the link.
I better see you next to me yelling at the refs.
nacluth
You know it.
PurpleOut
Staff
We're getting $1 beer/wine.
BigJack85
Awesomeness. Axe 'Em Jacks.
PurpleOut
Staff
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth
Turns out that I have to work until at least 2 on Saturday. If someone needs my tickets, I'll give them up. Bummed about it though.
PurpleOut
Staff
I have to verbally say that the Fredonia Brewery is not an official sponsor.
nacluth
What level of sponsorship did they back out of?
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

They didn't. Just another "side" that had an issue with it.

Like almost everything around SFA/Nac, everything is harder than it should be and nobody wants to work with everyone else for the greater good.
nacluth
Gotcha. Just wanted to make sure no one was going without.
PurpleOut
Staff
17 new ticket purchases in the last 2 days. One last push for everyone to share event info on your platforms and with your friends!
BigJack85
Awesomeness. I'm sharing. Axe 'Em Jacks
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

nacluth said:

They didn't. Just another "side" that had an issue with it.

Like almost everything around SFA/Nac, everything is harder than it should be and nobody wants to work with everyone else for the greater good.
Was this a missed opportunity to support the baseball team rather than a local business?
PurpleOut
Staff
Thanks to everyone that came out! Tailgate and overall turnout was solid. Despite the crappy game, still had a lot of fun. Ticket sales were slightly down, but the important part is most people sat in the section. It doesn't how many tickets are sold if they sit somewhere else!

There's a lot of potential to turn this into a real annual tradition. It needs more support and marketing from the athletic department and not just myself, but a good step this past weekend.
nacluth
Seems like you did a solid job. Sorry I couldn't get there until midway through the first.

The section felt louder this year, and I think we really did have an effect at pumping up the crowd, and even helping our guys get back into it a couple times. My daughter was happy to get a T-shirt from the T's for threes giveaway.

If the Jacks could ever win at one of these games, I think it would help.
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

Seems like you did a solid job. Sorry I couldn't get there until midway through the first.

The section felt louder this year, and I think we really did have an effect at pumping up the crowd, and even helping our guys get back into it a couple times. My daughter was happy to get a T-shirt from the T's for threes giveaway.

Yeah unfortunately we're 0-2 with these games now.

Definitely felt louder for me too, even without the Rev and some others with the cones like we had last year. I wish the cheer team would also follow us a little, instead of just the same repetitious cheers.

And unfortunately it doesn't help when there's only 6 students in the student section. That was shocking to me. I've never seen it this bad.
BigJack85
PurpleOut said:

nacluth said:

Yeah unfortunately we're 0-2 with these games now.

Definitely felt louder for me too, even without the Rev and some others with the cones like we had last year. I wish the cheer team would also follow us a little, instead of just the same repetitious cheers.

And unfortunately it doesn't help when there's only 6 students in the student section. That was shocking to me. I've never seen it this bad.

Ya. The student section. ***. I watched the previous game on ESPN +. Student section was full. Again. ***.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.