SFA WBB @ RICE

1,239 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by nacluth
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pilotgirl
I saw Rice play last year and they weren't good. I think they are supposed to be improved this year.
SFAXE93
nacluth
Avery starting to roll and pulling the Ladyjacks back level early.
nacluth
Ladies struggling with a couple to go in the second. Need to tighten up going into the half.
SFA88
They are in a fight, so far.
nacluth
Aiyana hit the two free throws to have a 6 point deficit at the half.
Pilotgirl
Honestly, it's hard for me to watch this game with the # of stops from all the fouls. Can't get into a rhythm
nacluth
Our young backcourt is going to take some time to coalesce. They are good but need more game time.
nacluth
Uh-oh. Ladies starting to get fired up.
nacluth
Ladyjacks win the back half of the third making it a one point game going to the fourth. 59-58 Rice.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Our young backcourt is going to take some time to coalesce. They are good but need more game time.

I agree...I think by conference time, we will be ready. I already see improvement from last game, which is great
Pilotgirl
Not ready to call this szn done yet! Lol. We have a lot of new & young players....interested to know when Avery (not AB) will be cleared to play..or if.
nacluth
Couldn't quite hold on through the fourth. Harden and Aiyana are a good tandem. Once the guards start really clicking it will make a big change.
SFAJack_76
Defense, or lack of. Really missing Visscher and Tee on the defensive end. Who steps up?
SFA88
Did a little checking and Rice is on the upswing. In April last year, they hired a good young assistant from NC State that can recruit and she coached her butt off last year. They got down to 8 players and she was forced to play a bunch of freshman. One of those freshman, now a sophomore, was their leading scorer last night.

Don't be surprised if Rice makes noise in their last year in CUSA.

4-12 from Johnson is not great but she made up for it at the FT line going 12-13. I agree that the defense is not where it needs to be.
SFA88
In case you missed it, Rice is now 9-0.
nacluth
This is true, but they haven't played anyone good except for us. And they got us right off the gate when our new players were learning their roles. If we played again, it would not be the same result.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.