Ladyjacks vs Lamar

3,241 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pilotgirl
Come on out & enjoy some food before the game!
nacluth
Lamar (at least the womens' team) is still tough. I'll be there to root is to victory.
BigJack85
nacluth said:

Lamar (at least the womens' team) is still tough. I'll be there to root is to victory.

Ladyjacks are playing for an at large berth (in case of a WACVegas struggle). A regular season sweep would give them some possibilities just in case.
SFAXE93
Tons of SFA sports today and I'll be at soccer tryouts all day, so I'll have to catch everything on replay.

SOFTBALL - SFA (1-7) VS. MISSOURI STATE (1-7) 11:30 A.M.

BASEBALL - SFA (1-0) VS. NSU (0-1) 2:00 P.M. (NSUTV)

WOMEN'S BASKETBALL - SFA (22-3) VS. LAMAR (11-11) 2:00 P.M. (ESPN+)

MEN'S BASKETBALL - SFA (17-8) VS. LAMAR (2-22) 3:00 P.M. (ESPN+)
SFAXE93
WOMEN'S BASKETBALL NET RANKINGS

#57 SFA
#126 CALIFORNIA BAPTIST
#171 UTAH VALLEY
#194 GRAND CANYON
#203 ABILENE CHRISTIAN
#222 LAMAR
#256 UTRGV
#265 NEW MEXICO STATE
#271 SAM HOUSTON STATE
#278 TARLETON STATE
#281 SEATTLE
#311 CHICAGO STATE
#314 DIXIE STATE

SFAJack_76
AB not suited up, but led the team onto the court. Wearing a knee brace, and walking with a slight limp.
nacluth
Slow start offensively, but not much going for Lamar.
BigJack85
Absolutely trash. Both teams look like lumbering elephants in transition. No one. No one can make a 6 footer.
nacluth
Not a bad crowd though I'm sure it's under 2K, but it's been pretty loud so far. The band helps so much.
nacluth
I like Bri standing in for the rebound on the foul shot against their tallest player. She then committed the foul by trying to push her out of the way.

nacluth
Second string came in for a little life at the end of the first. 12-7 SFA.
BigJack85
Almost. Almost unwatchable. Finally a little Ladyjack mojo.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

AB not suited up, but led the team onto the court. Wearing a knee brace, and walking with a slight limp.

Don't count AB out yet! She's got great spirits
nacluth
The man (woman) defense of Lamar is giving some fits to our shooters, but we're starting to catch our groove as their speed starts to slow.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Not a bad crowd though I'm sure it's under 2K, but it's been pretty loud so far. The band helps so much.

It's a great crowd!
jflandis
Pilotgirl said:

nacluth said:

It's a great crowd!
Just saw you on the ESPN + broadcast jamming to the Macarena.
BigJack85
Crowd sounds good. On tv.
nacluth
Doubling them up at the half. 28-14 SFA.
Pilotgirl
jflandis said:

Pilotgirl said:

nacluth said:

It's a great crowd!

Lol Amber said "we are on " AFTER the fact lol
jflandis
Pilotgirl said:

jflandis said:

Pilotgirl said:

nacluth said:

It's a great crowd!

I'm not sure if you have AB's ear or not but I just received my copy of the Sawdust featuring her and she was also featured on the ESPN + SFA "Feature" halftime show. She is a very impressive young woman and if she has any interest in the dental field I would love to serve as a mentor for her. Anyway, enjoy the game. I'm going to switch over to the men's broadcast.
nacluth
Stephanie struggling with her shot today, but she's doing everything else well.
nacluth
Ladyjacks just cruising out the third quarter. 42-26.
nacluth
Ladyjacks super sloppy right now. Lamar run has brought it from 19 to 11.
Pilotgirl
jflandis said:

Pilotgirl said:

jflandis said:

Pilotgirl said:

nacluth said:

It's a great crowd!

I'm not sure if you have AB's ear or not but I just received my copy of the Sawdust featuring her and she was also featured on the ESPN + SFA "Feature" halftime show. She is a very impressive young woman and if she has any interest in the dental field I would love to serve as a mentor for her. Anyway, enjoy the game. I'm going to switch over to the men's broadcast.

I'll let her know...thank you!
nacluth
Ladyjacks pull the fourth together for a 57-40 win!
nacluth
37th straight home win for the Ladyjacks. The longest in NCAA.
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl
3 games in one week. Their 2nd week to have to do that. 2 on the road with time changes...Tired. Time to rest up for Thursday against Sam.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

Absolutely trash. Both teams look like lumbering elephants in transition. No one. No one can make a 6 footer.
I quit looking at game threads some time back because I don't want inane comments to take away my appreciation of the game. "Lumbering elephants in transition" I don't know what that means, but it had no correlation to what I saw on the floor.

Early, our defense was outstanding. Our offense was struggling, in part due to Lamar's aggressive defense. Visscher missed two uncontested layups, and had a couple of careless turnovers. Zya was off early also. Kellog put backups in, and they both played much better after their break. No lumbering in my eyes.

We only won by 17. I don't know what's wrong with this 14-0 team.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

I quit looking at game threads some time back because I don't want inane comments to take away my appreciation of the game. "Lumbering elephants in transition" I don't know what that means, but it had no correlation to what I saw on the floor.

Early, our defense was outstanding. Our offense was struggling, in part due to Lamar's aggressive defense. Visscher missed two uncontested layups, and had a couple of careless turnovers. Zya was off early also. Kellog put backups in, and they both played much better after their break. No lumbering in my eyes.

Other people have opinions, too, 76. With all due respect, yours are no more important than anyone else's. You take others' opinions too seriously. Chill, dude.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

Just casual observation. The first 6-7 minutes was….. spotty at best. Defense was fabulous. Offense….
Pilotgirl
I don't think any Ladyjack...or Lumberjack wants to be called an elephant.
BigJack85
Pilotgirl said:

I don't think any Ladyjack...or Lumberjack wants to be called an elephant.

Ok. A slow moving object. I don't know how else to describe it…. Just a little humor. Not particularly good No animals were harmed during this joke.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

Just casual observation. The first 6-7 minutes was….. spotty at best. Defense was fabulous. Offense….
Agree completely. The offense was bad most of the first quarter.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.