Ladyjacks vs Utah Valley

1,604 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by nacluth
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The road trip continues against 4-4, in conference, Utah Valley. They are big.
nacluth
Beat the teams from Washington, California, and Arizona in the last week. Time to notch out two Utah wins. Isn't WAC play fun?
jboy93
So how does this new travel pan out? Are we gone for a week at a time? Do we bus once we get there between games etc.? Just curious. Looks like St. George and Orem are are on opposite ends of the state.
SFAJack_76
jboy93 said:

So how does this new travel pan out? Are we gone for a week at a time? Do we bus once we get there between games etc.? Just curious. Looks like St. George and Orem are are on opposite ends of the state.
Hopefully they flew from Phoenix to Salt Lake City. That would be a brutal bus ride. Of course, the GCU game was not originally scheduled for last night. That happened because it had to be rescheduled due to our Covid issues. Suspect Orem to St. George is a bus ride. At about four hours, it's long, but manageable. That's closer than several of our old SLC opponents were to Nacogdoches.

Travel is tough. The MBB team had real issues getting to Kansas, and also to Seattle.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
21-3 first quarter.
nacluth
UVU was having a hard time getting into their side for the longest. Ladyjacks even looked a little sloppy. Just shows how dominant they are.
nacluth
Ladyjacks up by 20 5 minutes into the second.
nacluth
UVU fought back a little in the second. 36-20 halftime.
Pilotgirl
Had to finish a report while the game is on in the background. Glad to hear these commentators speak and give props to our team, especially Nana!
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

UVU fought back a little in the second. 36-20 halftime.

Kellogg mostly played our reserves during this quarter, so that kind of lead is great with almost all bench. I'm fact, he's playing deep into the bench, which is great for this game!
SFAJack_76
Nine players with double digit minutes.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

Nine players with double digit minutes.

And still a double digit win!
SFAJack_76
Get an 18 point lead in the first quarter, then cruise. Interesting strategy.
nacluth
SFAJack_76 said:

Get an 18 point lead in the first quarter, then cruise. Interesting strategy.
I have always thought that if I played a Kellogg team, I would put my second string in for the entire first and take the 15 point deficit. The Ladyjacks have a hard time keeping momentum when they crush a team right out of the gate, and it has come back to bite us in tournaments.
nacluth
Cal Baptist was upset about us crushing them. They are destroying NMSU.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.