All Inclusive NCAA Tournament

2,299 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by nacluth
RichieVan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So what say all of you? Jacks would certainly get a first round bye. Interesting concept and would create a ton of excitement.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/heres-how-an-all-inclusive-346-team-ncaa-tournament-would-work/ar-BB18RPv7
SFA Jack Fanatic
RichieVan said:

So what say all of you? Jacks would certainly get a first round bye. Interesting concept and would create a ton of excitement.

It's all about the $$$$. As long as it is a one-time-only thing, I think it would be OK.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Not interested in the overall concept itself but....of course would be following and cheering SFA if it came to pass.
TallTexan
Ill share what I shared on Facebook:

First off, this is a ploy by the ACC to anchor their request for expansion so high that a small expansion seems inevitable.

What they're hoping to see, IMO, is the NCAA offer a temporary expansion of 20-40 teams that they know darn well will go predominantly to the Top 8 basketball conferences while the test of us get our 1 AQ team.

What they hope to avoid with the existing tournament is a scenario where an ACC team loses the starters to a party and have to play 4 games with the backups, hurting their chance of getting in.

As far as the premise, every team being included would be a terrible product. Not even Sam fans want to watch Sam play. And no one wants to watch them get beat by Duke by 40.

So you'd be adding a ton of mediocre games.

If you want a massive expansion, make a requirement that it's above 0.500 teams only. No point in having teams that can't win half their games playing in March Madness.

I've seen a few proposals go expand to 128 teams with two AQs per conference and tbh, I would be in favor of that. It'd only be 1 extra weekend and if it gets rid of conference tournaments, even better.
nacluth
Nope. Like has been mentioned, it's really just a way to boost big conference money. They would make the mid/low majors weed themselves out and save the high majors for the deeper rounds.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.