Mythical NCAA Tournament

3,058 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by djsfw57
RichieVan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Didn't know whether to start a new thread on this topic, but thought it would be good to spark some chatter.

Here is a hypothetical breakdown of the NCAA Tournament. It assumes SFA wins the Southland and enters at 30-3.
Thoughts?

https://heatcheckcbb.com/2020/03/13/the-complete-what-if-account-of-the-2020-ncaa-tournament-bracket-results-highlights-and-more/amp/?__twitter_impression=true&fbclid=IwAR23_v4_7emQqDKxpMERZL72Qw_x45LJ2-PRE4Lp8zhzNsqNZUuunwcdDzA
BigJack85
Actually the matchups with Ohio State and Oregon are not far from what I would have guessed for a real outcome.

This whole thing is hopefully just a bump on our way to another exceptional season sans 2020/2021. I think believe we have most of the pieces already in place with Kensmil, Daniels, Kalcheries, Ware and Hart.... if he (Hart) develops we could be loaded. That's not counting some of the incoming talent.
No-look
Solid group for sure. I'm anxious to see what Brown and McDaniels bring to the table.
BigJack85
No-look said:

Solid group for sure. I'm anxious to see what Brown and McDaniels bring to the table.

Ditto that. Other than not having a "true" 5 we are pretty thick with proven talent or budding newcomers. We only need to have 1 or 2 have impact to project the kind of depth we exhibited this year.
jboy93
Saw a CBS sports "what if" bracket. They had us losing BIG to no. 5 Penn State team! It was by 18 points I believe. Penn State was limping into the tourney. No way that would have happened! Just my opinion!
jboy93
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/simulation-sunday-how-dayton-won-the-2020-ncaa-tournament-in-sportslines-projections/

If you want to take a look...
TallTexan
jboy93 said:

Saw a CBS sports "what if" bracket. They had us losing BIG to no. 5 Penn State team! It was by 18 points I believe. Penn State was limping into the tourney. No way that would have happened! Just my opinion!

One of the sims I saw that put us in the sweet 16 had us losing 103-75 to Baylor, which really ticked me off.

Not because they had us losing to Baylor, but bc Baylor is averaging 77 points a game. They only hit 100 points once this year, against Central Arkansas and UCA was terrible to start the season.

No way we'd give up 100 to Baylor.
djsfw57
TallTexan said:

jboy93 said:

One of the sims I saw that put us in the sweet 16 had us losing 103-75 to Baylor, which really ticked me off.

Not because they had us losing to Baylor, but bc Baylor is averaging 77 points a game. They only hit 100 points once this year, against Central Arkansas and UCA was terrible to start the season.

No way we'd give up 100 to Baylor.
I was pretty miffed when I saw that too. Not a chance that we would have lost to Baylor by that much. And I'd be more than happy to play them just to see what would happen.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.