TJ Commits to Texas Tech

3,646 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Rev007
RichieVan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just got word from a big Tech booster that TJ Holyfield committed to the Red Raiders today.
BigJack85
It's been on other parts of this sight for a few hours.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
BigJack85
Been reported here on other parts of the sight. About 5 hours ago.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Rev007
tj and the Red Raiders will be playing Depaul tonight. It should be the type of matchup that gauges a team's strength. DePaul comes into this contest undefeated while Texas Texas is 5-2. I got to see tj play earlier this season, and witnessed that he is fitting in nicely as a complimentary player. Honestly, I thought Texas Tech would be a powerhouse this year, but they are not as good as the two prior teams. I suppose losing your best player to the NBA draft likely diminish the talent.

When this season started, I was hoping that SFA and Texas Tech would find a way to meet in the NCAA tournament. I had serious doubts about SFA. However, now, I have doubts about Texas Tech making it. I suppose we could invite tj to watch us play.
Rev007
DePaul 65
Texas Tech 60

Tremendously hard fought game settled in overtime. Texas Tech has some incredible freshmen. tj chipped in 5 fouls and 0 points.

Tech will be hard to beat as the amazing freshmen get more experience.
purpleballs
Reading through Tech's rival forum and there are a lot of fans who are really down on him. They don't think he's cut out to play with the big schools.
jboy93
I guess they need to be mad at the coach because he's the one putting TJ on the court. He did lead them in scoring the first several games.
jboy93
I watched the game last night and it definately was not his best!
SFAJack_76
Comments I had put in the other TJ thread:

Watched Tech lose in OT at DePaul last night. TJ was essentially a non factor in 29 minutes of play before fouling out in OT. Zero points on 0-2 shooting. Two rebounds. No blocks.
No-look
TJ will be fine. Just a slump. He will bounce back.
Rev007
TJ played a complementary style in last night's game. By this, I mean he was setting screens, passing to the open man, etc. He definitely wasn't looking for his shot. Tech doesn't have enough post players with height this year. Thus, TJ is playing a lot of minutes. He also jumps center for Tech to start the game. He is also an excellent defensive player. The only knocks I have on TJ besides leaving us is that he has a difficult time staying out of foul trouble and he can't create his own shot.

I sincerely hope he can guide his team to a 1st round contest against SFA.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.