SFA vs Bama Retold: Twitterific Edition

3,300 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TallTexan
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Trying out a new type of recap, so bear with me a bit. Realized last night with all the travel, festivities, & the actual game that we all could use a bit of a rewind. Without further ado.

First off, let's start with some major props to Ryan Ivey & Co for selling out the stadium on Christmas break. They worked their butts off promoting the game.

We even had a fan fest planned, but the weather intervened:

But the downpour didn't stop some of our most crackpot, I mean loyal, fans from tailgating! They survived a flood of epic proportions. Ed made a run to Lowe's to get some lumber for an ark for a rescue mission, but fortunately, it was not needed.

And boy oh boy did the Jacks fans show up in force. Officially a sellout at 7,203. Seriously check out those shots of the crowd, our crowd. Best homecourt advantage in Texas.

And more:

An otherwise exuberant occasion did offer a moment of solemnity though, with Dr Patillo's seat decorated for the Occasion, as well as a moment of silence for our late President.

A few tweets from the game, but we all watched it, so I'll try to catch some of the highlights.

First and foremost, WELCOME BACK MR COMEAUX!

Shannon being Shannon

Carthel took a shot at Bama when he was introduced at halftime. Can't wait to see his teams take the field.

Bain nearly broke two guys' noses on one play:

The crowd went wild when Mitch sent this one into the stratosphere.

And Harris brought us within 3 with a nice floater.

John had himself a game.

Unfortunately, we wouldn't close the gap, losing by ten. But, if you ask me, it was one of the better games we played all season, a building block to go win the Southland Conference.

And our crowd did not go unnoticed!

From a Bama Analyst:

That's pretty freaking impressive, for a team that's played at Kentucky, Wichita State, Auburn, Clemson, at Arizona, & Texas, just to name a few of their opponents of the last few years. That's a huge, huge accolade for our crowd.

I hope we made a few new local fans and inspired our regulars to be louder and rowdier from now on. That was lit! Let's do it again every year!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Wowewow!! Sawmill post of the year!! I would like -- no, I demand-- a summary like this after each and every home game the rest of the year, Texan!!!
Ljacks&Longnecks
Nice Texan....Very Nice
TallTexan
edstile said:

Wowewow!! Sawmill post of the year!! I would like -- no, I demand-- a summary like this after each and every home game the rest of the year, Texan!!!
I'll do my best. Though it'll be hard to fit any more home games in the next two hours.
Ballwatch
Well done!
BigJack85
Solid work.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
Awesome find. Big Praise from Avery there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.