2018 Season Predictions

3,985 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TallTexan
MasterAxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Now that basketball is over, time to recklessly speculate on football.

Prediction:

@MSST - Loss. meh, we get paid.
Tarleton - Win. Semi-tough, slog through it.
@UIW - Win. Fire-able offense game.
ACU - (Nervously writes) Win. Seem to be catching up to us/rest of league.
@McNeese - Loss. Would be stunned by win.
vs Sam Houston - Loss. They've been better for like 7 years, probably stays the same.
Central Ark - Loss. Been better than us for years, still are.
@HBU - Win. Fire-able offense game, part 2.
Lamar - Win. Never ever should we lose to Lamar, ever.
@Nicholls - Loss. Better than us.
NWST - Win. Fire-able offense game, part 3.

Overall - 6-5

Based on what I have seen the past few years, we just don't look like we are improving, at all.

Rotating door at QB (For various reasons), Rotating door at OC, total lack of anything on defense, Not-so- special teams.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe this is an 8-3 or better team. But, if I had to bet, based on the last few years, I'd bet us being a 6 wins or less team.

SFAXE93
Central Arkansas is in rebuild mode with coach and personal, plus we had them in Conway (20-17) with 1:30 left in the game before losing 20-24.

We return too much from that team and we are at home, Jacks win that one.

Too many weapons

QB:#12 Foster Sawyer 6-5; 230 (Sr.) **** #13 QB; #2 TX

RB:#00 Jae'lon Oglesby 5-11; 175 (Jr.) **** #3 N; #1 APB; #2 SC

WR:#2 Frank Iheanacho 6-6; 225 (Sr.) **** #88 N; #13 WR; #12 TX

WR:#5 Terian Goree 6-1; 175 (Sr.) *** #96 TX

WR:#80 Tamrick Pace 6-3; 200 (Jr.) *** #115 ATH

TE:#89 Bryce Wempa 6-5; 255 (Jr.) *** #1 TE JUCO
MasterAxe
SFAXE93 said:

Central Arkansas is in rebuild mode with coach and personal, plus we had them in Conway (20-17) with 1:30 left in the game before losing 20-24.

We return too much from that team and we are at home, Jacks win that one.

Too many weapons

QB:#12 Foster Sawyer 6-5; 230 (Sr.) **** #13 QB; #2 TX

RB:#00 Jae'lon Oglesby 5-11; 175 (Jr.) **** #3 N; #1 APB; #2 SC

WR:#2 Frank Iheanacho 6-6; 225 (Sr.) **** #88 N; #13 WR; #12 TX

WR:#5 Terian Goree 6-1; 175 (Sr.) *** #96 TX

WR:#80 Tamrick Pace 6-3; 200 (Jr.) *** #115 ATH

TE:#89 Bryce Wempa 6-5; 255 (Jr.) *** #1 TE JUCO
I hope you are right, I so hope you are.

But, until I see a tangible difference in the way we play, unfortunately, I will remain a bit pessimistic about our year.
SFA Jack Fanatic
93 is our eternal optimist, and I wouldn't want it any other way...
HitSomeBody
I am not sure why I love these conversations... MasterAxe... I think your eval is probably reality. 93, I love the opportunistic view.

Obviously, if we want an 8 and 3 year changes have to be made. Playing the same kind of ball as previous recent years will only give us the same results, no more than 6 wins. I do think changes are being made and with the new coaches on staff, I hope the changes make it onto the field. Then we all get to go crazy this year watching our Jacks win 8.

By the way, I have a lot of SHSU friends and I told my son you better win this game this year or I'm going to be miserable after loosing all my bets. So, if I were to put my predictions down I would keep it the same as MasterAxe but change the Sam game to a win. That is not based on logic just huge desire to win that one.
Jacks4460
Quote:

If we can stay healthy... especially Oglesby. I feel we beat 2 of the 4 Southland teams that MasterAxe says we lose to... I agree with all his wins... I have a really good feeling for this year... Our depth is strong and the new JC players the coaches got will get us immediate help.. We have to start winning there is no other choice.. I am sure this is being stressed to the players..
SFASawmillGuy
I think we have too much talent this year and we have a massive chip on our shoulder.

@MSST- Loss, obviously. Hope we make a few plays but they're too good.
Tarelton- I think this is where we see whichever QB starts come alive and put together a very solid game. Big win and big confidence booster, even against a D2 team.
@UIW- blowout win
ACU- Win, but closer than it probably should be. They have a ton of transfers.
@McNeese State- The road team has won the past 4 meetings. Just saying.
Sam Houston State- I have a strange feeling that we could be winless going into this game and we win it.
UCA- Win. They're rebuilding. The team will be playing for Clint in this one.
@HBU- Blowout Win
Lamar- Blowout Win.
@Nicholls- Heartbreaking loss. We've had an amazing season to this point. Nicholls will once again our muscle is on the line though.
NWST- payback time.

8-3 is certainly doable. McNeese could go either way because of how weird our series is but I think theyll have too much firepower for us.
Sam Houston goes either way because it doesn't matter who's better during that game. We've gotten the wrong end 7 years in a row but most of the time we're more than capable of winning that game. Plus Sam Houston will be rebuilding with an unknown at QB.

Again, this is all assuming we stay healthy. We have a lot of firepower but if we get the injury bug for the 4th year in a row there's not a lot you can do about that.
TallTexan
HitSomeBody said:

I am not sure why I love these conversations... MasterAxe... I think your eval is probably reality. 93, I love the opportunistic view.

Obviously, if we want an 8 and 3 year changes have to be made. Playing the same kind of ball as previous recent years will only give us the same results, no more than 6 wins. I do think changes are being made and with the new coaches on staff, I hope the changes make it onto the field. Then we all get to go crazy this year watching our Jacks win 8.

By the way, I have a lot of SHSU friends and I told my son you better win this game this year or I'm going to be miserable after loosing all my bets. So, if I were to put my predictions down I would keep it the same as MasterAxe but change the Sam game to a win. That is not based on logic just huge desire to win that one.
It doesn't matter how good Sam is, I always expect us to win & tell everyone this is the year. It used to happen more regularly. Last time we played them at Homer Bryce we absolutely dusted them & it was Sam fan's who were uninterested in football.

TallTexan
I think a win in the Mississippi State game is picking up the paycheck without losing any guys to injury. Or beating them, that would be awesome too.

We do need to avenge that loss in Basketball.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.