OL Coach Bill Best to Rice

4,980 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TallTexan
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks like we lost another coach, Coach Best is headed to Rice. All the best to him and his new job in the FBS.

"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
TallTexan
Good for him, but what is Rice thinking? We haven't been great on OL in years.
SFAXE93
Best will be the new TE coach at Rice.
SFASawmillGuy
Bill Best might not have had the best offensive lines but that dude knows how to motivate and hype up players. Definitely a good morale coach to have.
TallTexan
SFA_03 said:

Bill Best might not have had the best offensive lines but that dude knows how to motivate and hype up players. Definitely a good morale coach to have.
TE coach is typically more about recruiting & morale, so it could be a good fit.
SFAXE93
HitSomeBody
I wish coach Best a great and promising career at Rice. We got to talk to him a lot during the recruiting process and you cannot help but love the coach. He is motivational.

Any rumors on who will be his replacement? My son has heard a rumor, and we are hoping it's just a rumor.
TallTexan
HitSomeBody said:

I wish coach Best a great and promising career at Rice. We got to talk to him a lot during the recruiting process and you cannot help but love the coach. He is motivational.

Any rumors on who will be his replacement? My son has heard a rumor, and we are hoping it's just a rumor.
I have not seen any, but Isaac might have more information.
SFAJack_76
HitSomeBody said:

My son has heard a rumor, and we are hoping it's just a rumor.
No need to name names, but would like to know the nature of the concerns.
HitSomeBody
I agree with you and will not put any names out here. We know of a coach whom my son has experience with that applied.

Coaching staff will hire who they think is the best fit. We know there is nothing we can do about it.
TallTexan
HitSomeBody said:

I agree with you and will not put any names out here. We know of a coach whom my son has experience with that applied.

Coaching staff will hire who they think is the best fit. We know there is nothing we can do about it.
I can appreciate that sentiment, given some of the coaches I ran into during my football days.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.