Fosters injury

4,718 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by cboothe09
drhuggybear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I haven't had a chance to listen to the podcast so sorry if this is answered already. Is it season ending? How bad is it?
cboothe09
Not sure how bad it is now, but from watching the SMU game, it was obvious he shouldn't have been out there. I don't see there being a need for him to have rushed back to the field, and increase the risk of re injuring or further injuring his knee.
INiedrauer
Staff
He's officially listed as "questionable." It's mostly just gamesmanship with McNeese. Don't expect him to play again this season.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

cboothe09
INiedrauer said:

He's officially listed as "questionable." It's mostly just gamesmanship with McNeese. Don't expect him to play again this season.
Stinks for us, but he is much more valuable healthy and we do have another year with him. Better to shut it down now and be 100% next year than get bumped and bruised more and he never fully gets right.
TallTexan
INiedrauer said:

What's the medical redshirt rules on this?
drhuggybear
TallTexan said:

INiedrauer said:

What's the medical redshirt rules on this?
I was just thinking the same thing. Medical redshirt him if he is out for the season.
SFASawmillGuy
I don't think you can play 4 games and still get your medical redshirt.
INiedrauer
Staff
The medical redshirt rule requires that you play in less than 30% of the team's contests in the year. 4 games of their scheduled 11 is 36%.

Makes that little cameo against SMU a lot more frustrating.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

PurpleForever
INiedrauer said:

The medical redshirt rule requires that you play in less than 30% of the team's contests in the year. 4 games of their scheduled 11 is 36%.

Makes that little cameo against SMU a lot more frustrating.

So you're saying we need to make the playoffs? Sounds good
SFASawmillGuy
Who knows. Maybe Blumrick will pan out for us.
SFASawmillGuy
Officially out for the season.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA_03 said:

Officially out for the season.
Very disappointing. I doubt if he'll be having anything to do with a boat in the next 15 months.
drhuggybear
Quote:

Very disappointing. I doubt if he'll be having anything to do with a boat in the next 15 months.

FIFY

Very disappointing. I doubt if Conque will let him have anything to do with a boat in the next 15 months.
PurpleOut
Staff
Sucks all around, he was starting to play well.

Absolutely ridiculous playing him against SMU.
INiedrauer
Staff
Interesting from Conque's radio show last night, the evaluation of Sawyer's knee actually showed it was an ACL tear this time (not MCL like the water skiing incident in July). Same knee, different ligament.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

cboothe09
The MCL injury did a lot to destabilize his knee and increase odds for further injury. No reason for him to play against SMU. I think he should have only played sparingly against SUU and been 100% going into conference.

Then again, I'm paid to teach business to high schoolers (and a little hs football coverage), not make those decisions...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.